绿茶的心情日记

不在乎在哪里,只在乎和谁在一起
正文

Date with laowai (8)

(2008-04-30 13:22:30) 下一个

Date with laowai

I felt I totally recovered from my disease on Friday. But since I had asked for leave, I didn’t want to go to work. I was thinking maybe I could do something. I didn’t want to stay at home and did nothing whole day. I still remembered when I changed oil for my car several months ago; the dealer told me I should change my tires, because they were almost worn out. I thought it should be a very simple thing. I just need to drive my car to a garage and asked for the cheapest tires. I didn’t care these tires were durable or not, cause they should be better than my old tires and I didn’t need to pay a lot of money. When Yet called me, I told him I would change my tires. He seemed a little bit worry about me and said:

” Don’t do that today. I will take care of that for you.  Just give me some time, ok.”

“Really? But I think I can do this by myself.”

“Sweetheart, don’t forget I know car more than you do. I will take care of you. Let me do this for you.”

That is true. A lot of American guys are very handy and they know a lot about cars and they are really good at fixing something. Yet definitely is one of these handy guys.

I felt very happy about his kindness. But I didn’t know what “ I will take care of it” meant.  He would change my tires and pay for that? That was not a good idea. We just knew two months and I did not want to take advantage of him. I remembered we ever had some talks about money.  He told me, he would never loan money to anybody again. Cause he had very bad experience.  He could not get the money back and the friendship was ruined at the same time. Also, I knew the attitudes towards money between Chinese and American were different. American girlfriend and boyfriend even lived together, they still paid in Dutch. So, I would like to pay by myself. But if the tires were too expensive, how could I afford them.

“ What tires would you put to my car?” I ask Yet.

“I don’t know yet, let me do some homework first. One thing I want to let you know that I would not put the cheap tires in your car.”

Oh My God, that was what I worried about. I told Yet that I did not drive often, cheap tires were ok for me. But Yet told me cheap tires were not durable and not safe.  From the long term view, cheap tired were not cheap. I knew Yet was a very stubborn guy. When he thought he was right, it was very hard to change his mind. Finally, I told him I could not afford the expensive tires.

“Honey, I will pay for that. You don’t need to worry about that.”

“No, no, no, you don’t need to pay for those tires. I can pay for them.”

“I know you need to raise your daughter. Your budget is tight. You are my girlfriend. I should take care of you.”

I was so touched. But even he paid for those tires, I didn’t want to get the expensive ones. I told Yet I didn’t drive often. It was not worthy enough to put the expensive tires in my car.

“Lily, I will consider your opinion. You just stay at home and relax, ok.”

Monday, after work, he came to check my tires and read the manual. Wednesday, he told me he had had some idea what kind of tires he would get. He called several garages. After comparing the price, he made the appointment with the garage he could get the best bargain. Friday, he took half day off and drove my car to the garage. When everything was done, it had been he drove my car back. I asked him how much he paid for these tires. He just smiled and kept silent. But I kept asking him how much he paid for that. He told me he got the best price. Then he showed me several papers. That was the homework he did and he pointed out the highline on the paper.

“I consider your opinion and choose not very expensive tires. You see these tires can run very good mileage and the comment is good too. ..”

“But I want to see the receipt.”

“Oh, you don’t need to see that. And also, I ask them change the oil and adjust some part of you car. So, I think that is very reasonable price.”

“Oh my God, that is how much?”

Finally he showed me the receipt. Plus labor fee, one tire average is $110. I felt my heart is painful. I didn’t know what should I said. That is my stubborn and kind boyfriend.

We still went out on Friday night. I really wished I could spend more time with Yet. But I did not tell him that. I didn’t want to let him know I was so desperate. I told myself to be patient. At the end of March, the situation was changed a little. He would come to my apartment to see me before he went home, if he could finish his work early. I felt so happy to see him, even just 10 or 30 minutes every time. 

One day of April, he came to my apartment after work. We sat in the couch and had a very good talk. He took off his glasses. That was a signal that he would kiss me. I was so excited about that. I am closing my eyes and waiting for his kiss. Suddenly, my cell phone was ringing.

“Go ahead, answer the phone first.” Yet said.

It was my ex-boyfriend Ke. Though we broke up more than half year, he still called me every week. Recently, he called me often and wanted to be back together. I told Ke I was busy and could not talk to him at that moment. After hanging up the phone, I told Yet that was my ex-boyfriend.

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk to him.”

“I am sure. There is not important thing.” I answer.

Yet held me with his left arm and his lips were approaching mine. My heart was beating so fast. I was eager for his kiss. Suddenly, my phone rang again. I was startled and picked up the phone.

“Hello, Lily, how are you.” It was David. I was not in mood to talk to any person else on phone at that time. I hurried up to hang up the call.

I could see Yet`s face changed from sunshine to cloudy. The romantic moment had been ruined by these two calls. Yet put on his glasses. I could felt the atmosphere was full of unhappiness.

“I am sitting here just half hour. Two single guys called you.”

“No, no, David has not called me since last dinner. They don’t call me often.”

“How is that Taiwan guy? How many guys are you talking on phone?”

“I have told him don’t call me anymore. But he still keeps calling me.”

“Listen, Lily, I don’t fight with other guys for girl. I don’t want to be with a girl who is interested in other guy else. You should make your choose by yourself.”

“No, I am not interested in other guy. You are the only guy I am with. I am very loyal person.”

“Don’t just say that. Show me your loyalty. How you explain so many single guys call you?”

“I never called them. They called me. They liked to talk to me. We are just friends.”

“That Taiwan guy likes you very much. David definitely wants more than friendship and your ex-boyfriend is still interested in you. How could you say you are just friends?”

“I told that Taiwan guy didn’t call me anymore. Next time you can answer the phone for me. David did not call me one month. My ex-boyfriend may be still interested in me, but I am not interested in him. We just talk on phone, just like you talked to your ex-girlfriend Elena. You and Elena still talked on phone, right?” New York girl Elena was Yet`s ex-girlfriend. They knew each other five years ago. That was a long distance relationship. In Yet`s view, Elena was pretty and attractive. He ever loved her so much that he planed to move to New York for her. Before Yet moved to New York, they broke up. But sometimes they still talked on phone.

“Does this bother you? If you are unhappy about that you should tell me directly. I could stop talking to her.”

“Yes. It bothers me a lot.” I answered.

“I would tell her I have girlfriend and will not talk to her anymore.”

“You will do that for me?”

“Yes, Elena is my old chapter, which was over 3 years ago. Now I am in the new chapter, which is the most important for me.”

The second day, Yet told me he had called Elena and told her he had girlfriend and would not call her anymore. I felt very happy about what he did for me. When I just began to date with Yet, I worried American was too open and it was impossible to ask him to cut down all the links with his ex-girlfriend. I was not a demanding person but I really wished he did not connect with his ex-girlfriend. Because I felt very uncomfortable if my boyfriend still cared his ex-girlfriend, especially this ex-girlfriend still had feeling with my boyfriend.  I did not have big heart while I was a person who was very easy jealous. I believed there was true love and I wished I could love as I was never hurt. But because of unsuccessful marriage and last failure relationship, I became very sensitive and insecure when I was in the relationship. I felt so good that day. He was so thoughtful and considerate.  He would get the same in return. I called my ex-boyfriend and told him that we should not talk to each other anymore and then I changed my phone number. Yes, it was time to say goodbye to the old chapter.  After this thing, I felt we were closer than before.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (2)
评论
200CC 回复 悄悄话 Good, good........
寂寞如我心 回复 悄悄话 祝福你!
登录后才可评论.