正文

有关FBI Background Checks

(2006-09-01 16:28:39) 下一个
By: Beth Robertie 我们经常有客人问到有关I-485申请审核被delay的问题,而据来自FBI的信息,最近不少已经排到优先日期(priority date) I-485申请delay主要是因为FBI要执行Name Check的程序。以下请看有关信息: We often get questions from our clients regarding the delayed processing of their Application to Adjust Status (I-485). Recently, the most common reason that the processing of an I-485 with a current priority date is delayed is due to the FBI Name Check. Michael A. Cannon, FBI Section Chief of the National Name Check Section Program, recently testified about why the Name Checks take such a long time and what is involved in such a check. According to Mr. Cannon, the FBI began a more detailed, in-depth clearance procedure for FBI Name Checks in 2002. This new procedure involves checking names for current subjects of FBI investigation, as well as names of references. Mr. Cannon explains that references include associates, witnesses or conspirators, or others that an FBI Special Agent felt was important to index in an investigation for later recovery. After the implementation of the new Name Check procedure, USCIS resubmitted 2.7 million name check requests for pending I-485 applicants, and some 440,000 of those 2.7 million are still in the process of being resolved. This backlog is adding to the delay for the processing of regular submissions from USCIS. Once the FBI has completed the name check request for an individual, it is the responsibility of USCIS to determine whether to grant or deny a pending application for benefits. For a more detailed discussion, please click here. www.Fan-Law.com CALIFORNIA : Fan, Fitzpatrick & Thompson, LLP. 370 E. Glenarm St., Pasadena , CA 91106 Tel: 626-799-3999 Fax: 626-799-9966 MARYLAND : Fan, Fitzpatrick & Thompson, LLP. 230 North Washington Street, Suite 400 , Rockville , MD 20850 Tel: 301-251-2636 Fax: 301-251-0313
[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.