Three old Reader's Digest laughers

来源: gweipwu 2022-04-23 10:49:35 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1430 bytes)
  1. We purchased an old home in northern New York State from two elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching, and I was concerned about the house's lack of insulation. “If they could live here all those days, so can we!”my husband confidently declared. One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and we woke up to find interior walls covered with frost. My husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a brief conversation, he hung up. “For the past 30 years,” he muttered, “they've gone to Florida for the winter.”
  2. Dispatching her ten-year-old son to pick up a pizza, my sister handed him money and a two-dollar coupon. Later he came home with the pizza, and the coupon. When asked to explain, he replied, “Mom, I had enough money. I didn't need the coupon.
  3. Someone recommended a new dentist to me. On my second visit the technician finished cleaning my teeth, and as I prepared to leave, I asked brightly, “And what is your name?”

“Patricia,” she answered.”

“I can remember that,” I commented. “It's my sister's name.”

Her reply: “That's what you said last time.”

所有跟帖: 

中文译文 -gweipwu- 给 gweipwu 发送悄悄话 gweipwu 的博客首页 (6605 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 10:54:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”