In theory, you can要回your血汗钱

来源: 昭君出塞因地制宜 2009-05-21 15:11:54 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1404 bytes)
Even if the company is dissolved (in your words关闭了), as a legal matter, it still exists for purposes of settling its debts and claims. Although different states have different laws, the periods of existence after a company is dissolved is generally between 3 and 10 years, unless the company has provided you (or the general public) with a notice of its dissolution and asking you to come forward to make your claim.

As a result, at least in theory, you can sue the company (I am sure you have its business card with a name) and its directors. If you don’t have a name, go to the office of the secretary of state and dig up the records of the company. You can threat to sue them as well because a real lawsuit will impact whatever new business they are doing.

Are you willing to go through all these for $700? You can only do this by yourself unless you want to pay a lawyer to do this for you. But the fees of a lawyer will be far more than $700 and there is no guarantee you can actually recover the debt as the defendants(s) could be either not reachable or judgment proof (i.e., they have no money).

The bottom line is that as a legal matter, you have a valid claim. The question is are you willing to get it back, if you can get it back, at the expenses of (1) your own efforts (time and money) or (2) a lawyer.

My personal suggestion is that you let it go.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”