Thanks for the great info

来源: aghi6 2008-06-06 18:16:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1799 bytes)
I had a similar accident two months ago and it went against me. I am still not sure whether to file small claim.

What happen was the car in front of me pull to the sideway. While I was passing him, he came out again to the roadway and hit my car between the fender and passenger's door, dent the front wheel and made a big scratch along my car's body. His front bumper fell off. Of course he claimed I drove too fast.

I thought it was straight forward based on the damages which turned out to be totally wrong. The problem was that a woman police came. After a long talk with both of us, she decided that I tried to passed him while he was stilling parking and ended up scratching his bumper off (which I did not know until later from police report). In the report there were no evidence other than that debris were near the center of the road which she thought suggested his car still had the right of way. But his car came out and hit my car while I passed his car and accident of course happened in the middle of the road. Another thing she used against me was he said he was parking therefore I should yield. She thought I was trying to go around a car that was parking and scratched that car because people usually like to go around a slow car.

I tried to have the police report corrected by talking to her sergent. Without any fact or explanation he simply refused by agreeing with her.

I am hesitant about filing a small claim because of the police report which put me at disadvantage. The other side insurance simply declined the claim based on the report. Does anybody know whether I would better to have it corrected before filing the small claim?

The repair cost will run ~5k. I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice. Thanks,

所有跟帖: 

官司主要取决于证据 -dysr- 给 dysr 发送悄悄话 (258 bytes) () 06/06/2008 postreply 23:48:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”