rental property lawsuit - update

来源: seaspearo 2008-05-27 17:27:17 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1591 bytes)

I posted my nightmare with a Texas rental property lawsuit a month ago, here is some update.
http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=law&MsgID=77109

I flew to Dallas for the court on April 4, the court lasted 4 hours and still have couple of witness did not testify. So Resumed 4 weeks later. The property management company reviewed a new information, that even before they changed carpet, they received an application to rent the house. Judge rule that carpet don't need to be change in that case. Ruled I need pay back $1700 of deposit money, and tenant's attorney fee of $13000. I also got over $4000 attorney fee myself.
I started to check with other attorney, they all told me I should file a third part claim at beginning because clearly all problem was caused by the property management company. Also the attorney I have is in conflict of interest situation and that is why he never suggest that.
So here is what I did:
1. I filed complain to Texas bar to that attorney.
2. contact other attorney to sue the property management company
3. fired the current property management company and told him I will sue him to recover my lost
4. last week, property management company informed me that they have professional liability insurance, E&O (error and ommision) coverage and they already filed the claim.
5. Insurance company contacted me and ask for basic information.

Just cannot believe a $1500 dispute can be ballooned to over $20,000 lawsuit. Have my fingers crossed that insurance will cover this ...

Thanks!

Victor

所有跟帖: 

thanks -ne0987- 给 ne0987 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2008 postreply 19:50:19

Thanks for update.I ZTed your post to 投资理财 before -jy101- 给 jy101 发送悄悄话 (406 bytes) () 05/28/2008 postreply 10:43:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!