help!!

来源: torts 2004-05-22 05:01:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1137 bytes)
I am a manager of a large supermarket within a suburban shopping centre. One of my staff, Suzy, advised me that there was water running out from underneath one of the freezers. I assumed that there was a leak so I immediately called the company that undertakes the machinery repairs. They have promised to send someone out as soon as possible. In the meantime I ask Suzy to mop up the water from around the freezer. Unfortunately Suzy is called away to do a price check so the water is left on the floor for some time.

Judy happens to be shopping in my store at that time with her two children, Joe and Jill. These children are rather wild and never walk when they can run. Judy finds it rather difficult to keep track of what they are doing. Joe decides that he wants ice cream so runs off towards the freezer to choose a flavour. Judy chases him but slips on the water on the floor and falls heavily breaking her leg.

Can Judy take action against me or my company because of this accident? What would she have to prove?

What should I have done to prevent claims of this nature being made against me?

所有跟帖: 

You are so busted! -sobusted- 给 sobusted 发送悄悄话 (25 bytes) () 05/22/2004 postreply 11:43:10

好像这样的情况,店里都会放歌警示牌,说明地面滑 -要顾客小心- 给 要顾客小心 发送悄悄话 (28 bytes) () 05/23/2004 postreply 11:48:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”