Share my experience fighting a parking ticket in NYC and Merry C

来源: selfselfself 2006-12-25 12:54:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3497 bytes)
The verdict

Check Parking Ticket Status Ticket Details
Vehicle Details
Plate: ****** State: CT
Type:Passenger Make: *****
Ticket Details as of Thursday, Mar. 24, 2005 10:17 AM
Ticket #: 7134***** Fine: $ 95.00
Issued On: 12/12/04 02:20 PM Penalty:+$ 0.00
Ticket Code: 17 Interest: + $0.00
Deion: NO STANDING-EXEC. AUTH. VEHICLE Reduction:- $95.00
FLUSHING LOT #1
Queens
Balance: $ 0.00
Ticket Status Hearing held, verdict NOT GUILTY

My Defense
I chose to file an appeal via internet detailed on the back of the ticket

Dear Judge: I am disputing this ticket

Here is the chain of events happened on 12/12/2004 Location: Flushing #1 Municipal Parking Field, 1st floor. It was Sunday, 12/12/04, afternoon. I entered the parking facility at about 2:10PM. A metered parking ticket was purchased from a machine for the time period of 2:15PM to 3:15PM the same day. At the time, the parking facility was about half empty. After shopping, I returned to pick up my car at around 3:10PM. At that time, I noticed a parking violation ticket was issued at around 2:20 PM.

I plea not guilty on the ground that:

1. I entered the facility with no intention of cheating. A ticket ($1.00) was purchased and displayed properly under the vehicle's front wind shield for the time the car was parked at the facility.

2. There is no sign at the entrance of the parking lot advising the parking lot is also used for permit parking, neither stating which parking spaces are reserved for the permit parking only. As an out-of-state resident, I did not expect to have known the different kinds of parking space inside the parking lot.

3. The sign about "permit parking only" inside the parking lot was hung high close to ceiling with limited illumination. No individual warning sign on each parking space was displayed. I was only able to notice the "permit only" sign with the help of a New York City resident.

4. The parking agent was present and near the parking space where I parked the vehicle. The agent witnessed me walked to the vending machine and purchased a ticket and came back to place the ticket on the dashboard. Instead of warning me upfront and asking me to park elsewhere, (There are ample non-permit spaces in the parking lot at that Sunday afternoon), the agent had chosen to issue a parking violation ticket immediately after I left for shopping. I purchased a ticket at 2:15PM. The agent issued the violation ticket at 2:20PM. Although I do not dispute that it is the duty of an agent to enforce city laws, I do believe the enforcement can be implemented in a different manner. As a public agent, serving the public is not just about giving out fines by witnessing a violation as this agent had shown. An agent should work with community, educate motorists and help city visitors. However, the behavior of this particular agent made me believe the agent is motivated to using parking ticket to generate tax income for the city.

My EZPass Record showing the time I arrived and left New York. Latest Tolls (last 2 transactions)
Transaction Date Tag Entry Plaza Entry Lane Exit Plaza Exit Lane Status Toll
12-Dec-2004 15:29:30 - - BRONX WHITESTONE BR 020 POST 3.50 12-Dec-2004 13:55:10 - - BRONX WHITESTONE BR 017 POST 3.50

Best Regards

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”