回复:回复:Family law in California

来源: apt 2006-02-24 15:42:40 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1857 bytes)
回答: Family law in Californiaapt2006-02-24 15:01:57
Cooling period means that after filing, the judgment will be made after six months. This is mandatory and very common. Washington state has three months cooling period. Within these six months you are still married legally so that you don't have to move out anywhere. I know people dating within these six months and I actually had a discussion with a lawyer in California. To me, dating within these six months constitutes adultry, technically, but no state actually prosecute unless you commit bigamy, e.g., remarry within these six months. After six months you will be free.

The $1312 is for both kids, based on 100% physical custody. This does not include education or activity, but only for basic living. Education and activity will be on top on this but they will be based on your agreement with your hu*****and. If he does not want to pay, you can not do anything. But what kind father does not want to support his children? For your protection, I would suggest:
1. If both of you have a trunk of money, such as stock, funds, etc., open a UTMA account and deposit enough money for education of the children. The beauty of UTMA is that nobody can take them out except the children themselves.
2. Make an agreement with your hu*****and and ask him to support education. If he does not pay, sue him for breach of contract. In the agreement, specifically mention that the money will be for the education of the children so that they as third party beneficiary will also have an action if the hu*****and does not pay.
3. Rely on his consciences. What else can you do?

BTW, in California, child custody can be changed anytime after judgment. The process is extremely easy: go to the county superior court, fill a pink sheet, pay $15 and wait for two weeks. Custody is changed (provided that both of you agree to the change).

所有跟帖: 

多谢,现在终于有些头绪了。 -我的黑夜- 给 我的黑夜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/24/2006 postreply 15:53:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”