Questions: divorce

来源: depressedjj 2006-02-07 07:13:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1812 bytes)
My hu*****and and I have been together for 15 years and married for 9 years. We have been through a lot together. We live in MA. We have two children together, one 8 and one 5. There have been a lots of ups and downs in my marriage even before we got married. I really hope that our marriage will last forever, but we are both not happy.

I am not thinking of divorce yet, at least I hope that we will never get to that point. But the word 'divorce' has been brought up a few times by my hu*****and when we had fights. We are staying together mainly because we both love our kids very much. But to prepare for the worst, I like to know at least the basics about divorce.

1. What is the chance of me keeping the kids? I make more money than he does, my kids has always been taken care of by my parents if we are both working. But in the morning, since my hu*****and works from home, so he takes the kids to school and pick them up from school. Then I come home at 3 to be with the kids and he goes to work.
2. Most of our assets are in both our names, will we get half and half? What about the bank account with just our own name? (my parents have some money in my name) And what about 401Ks, these are in our own names.
3. Since I make more money, and he has a contracting job, will he still pays alimony to me? If he is not working, do I need to pay him anything to support him?
4. He doen't have a lot of luck with his career, so it has always been me supporting the family, so most of the money in the bank are mine anyways, but I don't mind giving him half since no matter what, we were a family, working together all these years. But by law, will he be able to get 1/2 anyways, regardless who made more money?

It's a long email, thanks for your time and info.
Depressed Woman

所有跟帖: 

How about looking for information to improve your marrige? -##^^##- 给 ##^^## 发送悄悄话 (71 bytes) () 02/07/2006 postreply 08:55:39

回复:回复:Questions: divorce -depressedjj- 给 depressedjj 发送悄悄话 (72 bytes) () 02/07/2006 postreply 10:00:49

回复:Questions: divorce -爱花姑娘- 给 爱花姑娘 发送悄悄话 (350 bytes) () 02/07/2006 postreply 10:00:39

I don't mind at all that he makes less -depressedjj- 给 depressedjj 发送悄悄话 (258 bytes) () 02/07/2006 postreply 10:15:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”