学习交规

来源: minisis 2005-05-24 15:18:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2331 bytes)
Who has the right of way at a four way stop sign?

Or, who should we give the right of way to? Who should be allowed to go first at a four way stop sign? Take a look at the picture on the right. Car Number One gets there first, Car Number Two gets there second. Who goes first Car Number One or Car Number Two? Car Number One got there first so, Car Number One is allowed to go first. Car Number Two should yield the right of way to Car Number One. Never insist on the right of way. We never want to say I got here first, so I’m going no matter what. That’s how crashes occur.

You should know the proper order when encountering these situations. It's like being at a dance. When you ask someone to dance you would say, “Would you like to dance?” You don't say “I’m going to dance with you. Get up!” You will never get anywhere that way. It's the same when yielding the right-of-way. Car Number One should be allowed to go first.Car Number Two should yield the right of way. If two cars get there at the same time. Car Number Two should allow Car Number One to go first. You should always yield the right of way to the car on your right.

Who should go first if three cars arrive at the four-way stop at the same time? The answer is Car Number Three. Look at the diagram Car Number One is on the right of Car Number Two and Car Number Three is on the right of Car Number One. Many people think, Car Number Two and Three should go at the same time. They say "I’ve got a blocker now!" They run interference for each other. Always yield to the car farthest on the right.

Who goes first if four cars arrive at the four-way stop at the same time? The person with the biggest car. Because they're driving one of those big boats, you let them go, they deserve it, they pay so much for gas. In this case somebody must start the process and let one of the cars go first. It's very rare to have four cars arrive at the same time. If you're a nice person on the road you're going to let everyone else go first. Pretend you're driving Car Number Three. You’ll let Car Number Four go first. After Car Number Four goes through the intersection Car Number Three follows, then Car Number One, then Car Number Two. So always yield the right of way to the car on the right.

所有跟帖: 

where is the picture? -bzq101- 给 bzq101 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2005 postreply 09:52:45

回复:where is the picture? -minisis- 给 minisis 发送悄悄话 minisis 的博客首页 (3001 bytes) () 05/25/2005 postreply 10:24:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”