Help: Contractor damaged the ceiling of my house

来源: wenxue06 2012-11-15 11:50:31 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (18974 bytes)

The contractor came for the free estimate on the replacement of my 2 A/C air conditioning units.

When climbing to the attic, he almost fell down but luckily didn't but stepped on the ceiling, so there's big crack on the ceiling... He said I shouldn't give him the shoe's cover which triggered the accident. He said he will fix it for me ($250), but prefer that I gave the job to him so that he can cover the extra cost... I didn't say anything because I am not sure whose fault... At the end he suddenly added to me that if we go to court, he will win...

If he wouldn't mention court sue to me which sounds like threaten to me, I had been thinking to have him take over the job ($9000) because I feel guilty to ask him put on the shoe's cover although he didn't reject it at that moment, but when he mentioned it, then I don't feel comfortable to trust him.

Who should take responsibility? If he will not plan to fix it for me, what should I do? He has been saying he will fix it when he does the $9000 work, so not sure what he will do if I tell him I pick someone else.

Please suggest!

Thanks!!

所有跟帖: 

没人出事是大幸,损坏天花板真算不了什么 -上流Man- 给 上流Man 发送悄悄话 上流Man 的博客首页 (290 bytes) () 11/15/2012 postreply 21:59:36

赤裸裸的要挟.当然不能继续雇佣这种人 -满地找牙- 给 满地找牙 发送悄悄话 满地找牙 的博客首页 (445 bytes) () 11/16/2012 postreply 07:49:52

thanks!! -wenxue06- 给 wenxue06 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/16/2012 postreply 17:39:04

如果他没受伤,也就没的可告。如果房顶只是几百块钱的事,就自己出吧。 -N.- 给 N. 发送悄悄话 N. 的博客首页 (38 bytes) () 11/17/2012 postreply 01:26:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”