Okay, I see your point

来源: CyberCat 2012-09-25 14:35:59 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1441 bytes)
回答: 回复:That's why I said you may be confusedapt2012-09-25 14:06:39

But I still don't see how you define an estate. Are you defining it for CA family law purpose or for estate tax purpose? Either way, I don't see how you can include any property in a simple none-grantor irrevocable trust in the grantor's estate, unless it was established while the divorce action was looming or undergoing, or when the grantor was preparing for his death. Of course, it is also possible that there is a statutory period defined by CA law to pull the assets back from the trust, just like IRS could pull back the life insurance proceeds from a special irrvocable trust (ILIT) if the life insurance becomes trusts assets within 3 years of the grantor's death. However, I don't see any from your post.

We all know case laws are very specific. It may apply to one particular of trust with soe specific language, but it does not mean it would apply to all the trusts. I've seen IRS ruling that subjected a trust for millions of dollars simply because the trustee's dicretion is too aboard. A almost identical trust with additional limitation on the trustee's discretion as "...for support and maintenance" was okay, however.

That's why I insist that trust document and background are very important in this case. I am also very puzzled by your claim that there is no trust document yet it was settled before the deceased's death. Who drafted the trust document or is it a constructive trust?

所有跟帖: 

回复:Okay, I see your point -apt- 给 apt 发送悄悄话 apt 的博客首页 (1187 bytes) () 09/25/2012 postreply 16:06:06

Then your definition only applies to probate -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (1207 bytes) () 09/26/2012 postreply 07:28:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”