回复:Joint tenancy will not solve the problem

来源: apt 2011-07-21 10:25:31 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1219 bytes)
回答: Joint tenancy will not solve the problemCyberCat2011-07-21 07:40:48

You did not read my post carefully. She had two concerns. One, her hu*****and will have a place to live after her death, and two, her daughter will have the entire interest after her hu*****and's death, excluding the two step sons. I said before if these were the only things she wanted to accomplish, a conveyance to themselves will be a better and simpler way. She had already said she paid for the house and added her hu*****and's name on the title so it is tenancy in common now. That is why I suggested a strawman conveyance to create a joint tenancy. The title would be something like this: "XXX and YYY as joint tenancy for their joint lives, remainder in DAUGHTER." This way, either of them dies first, the property will vest entirely on the other spouse. But together they only have a life interest and a reversion. The property will eventually bypass probate and vest in the daughter. The only chance the step sons can get the property is when the daughter dies before them, in which case the they would hold a life interest and a reversion, which makes a fee simple absolute and it will pass down to the step sons unless they have a will intentionally disinherit the step sons. I do not think the hu*****and will.

所有跟帖: 

Then it is just two life tenants -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (755 bytes) () 07/21/2011 postreply 11:15:29

回复:Then it is just two life tenants -apt- 给 apt 发送悄悄话 apt 的博客首页 (413 bytes) () 07/21/2011 postreply 13:48:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”