回复:求教:被撞,对方保险拒赔,怎么办?

来源: apt 2006-10-05 15:27:22 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1433 bytes)
Were you or were you not negligent? You really need to do a serious assessment on if you were at fault.

I don't know much about the insurance law but let me remind you that NC is one of the four states still applying contributory negligence to bar recovery. Technically what the company said was correct that a light negligence of you will bar the recovery completely.

You can not recover against the driver because of the above reason. You can not sue the insurance company for malpractice because to do that, you must have a winning underlying negligence case against the driver, which, as said above, you would not if you were somewhat at fault.

Read the insurance policy to see whether it mentioned anything about contributory negligence. Hopefully there is not so that you may still have a chance to settle with them.

You can still go to court to argue that (1) declaration of contributory negligence is a court function and an insurance company can not do that; (2) Insurance is a contract so that contributory negligence is not a defense, (3) the insurance policy is unconscionable. However, no lawyer would take the case because it is too small; your chance to win is also small; and it takes lots of time and probably more money than $750 to win.

Again, I don't much about insurance law so that somebody familiar with insurance law may give you better information.

Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks apt. Your opinion is very helpful. -xi-xi- 给 xi-xi 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/05/2006 postreply 15:52:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”