You are right somehow...

来源: Hope_Hope 2007-09-28 09:39:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1110 bytes)
回答: 也是一点点建议。Hope_Hope2007-09-28 09:11:53
You are right somehow, but if you read my words carefully, you will notice that "ask him directly and frankly as a reference and for a recommendation letter" is merely for "intent purpose" but not for a "real reference".

The truth is, regardless whether or not you want the old boss to be a reference, he/she will highly likely be called or e-mailed by the interviewer, as some other friends mentioned.

My previous boss was called when I was looking for a job. When I was hiring a person, I called his/her boss too -- the previous direct supervisor.

Another tip for z2010 -- you don't need to list your boss in your CV. If the interviewers asks if they can contact your boss for a reference, say "please do so only when I am the top candidate". If situation permits, communicate a bit to the chief interviewer about you, your boss, and the lab (be careful about what you say!). Most importantly, your ability/talent/knowledge/experience/personality will determine if you will be hired. This is acquired from the face-to-face interview. A boss' reference serves as a second opion.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”