回复:再问8老师和皮老师,递485后opt ead不被承认怎么办?

来源: 863211 2011-12-08 08:06:03 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2299 bytes)

本人前天发了以下帖子(见末尾)。现在想接受8老师建议,直接跳过这位律师去把opt给学校hr director看。现有补充和疑问如下:

1. 这位律师的身份我可能没说清楚,她实际上是这个学校 office of intetrnational students and scholars的,所以该校的F-1 I-20都归她管。另外,学校新雇教师的H1-b的申请和transfer也是她管。正式title是Assistant Director, Immigration Services, Office of International Students and Scholars

2. 我要是直接把opt拿去给hr,(1) hr 是否有自己单独的律师核实我的opt的有效性?

-No. The OPT EAD is a legal working permit document by law and the Human Resources knows that document. You do not have anything to do with the International Student and Scholar Office of this employer unless you need H1 or need the school to sponsor your green card. Your OPT is still being controlled by the International Student Office you graduated, not this employer's International Student office. So, technically you are still a student of your old school and thus, whether your F1 OPT is valid or not is judged by the school you graduated, not this employer. That is why you need to report your employment status to your old school during the OPT period so that they can put your informatuion into in the SEVIS system.

(2) 还是说,hr最后还是会把我的case 转给这位律师,让她做相应的背景调查?要是后者的话,她是否会觉得我在严重欺骗她?

3.我要是直接把opt拿去给hr,但最后somehow还是不被承认,是否有很严重的后果?

-If they do not allow you to work, it is violation of law. So, you may suit the school because no immigration law say the I-485 filing resulting in F1 OPT void. That is why it is grey area. See my previous response (Section 214(b) of the Act). Also, the EAD was issued by USCIS, so unless USCIS cancel the OPT EAD, it will be valid and the employer has to accept it.

比如丧失当前的F-1身份之类的?

4. 万一opt走不通的话,我是不是只能等我的485 ead批下来才能工作?这样的话,在485 ead批下来之前,我是否仍要把自己看成是F-1 opt, 并遵守unemployment 少于90天的规定(opt)?

-It does not matter because you have filed the I-485.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢8老师,实在是万分感激!这些天被这事儿搞得寝食难安。 -villagegirl- 给 villagegirl 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/08/2011 postreply 08:13:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”