再问8老师和皮老师,递485后opt ead不被承认怎么办?

来源: villagegirl 2011-12-08 06:49:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3309 bytes)

本人前天发了以下帖子(见末尾)。现在想接受8老师建议,直接跳过这位律师去把opt给学校hr director看。现有补充和疑问如下:

1. 这位律师的身份我可能没说清楚,她实际上是这个学校 office of intetrnational students and scholars的,所以该校的F-1 I-20都归她管。另外,学校新雇教师的H1-b的申请和transfer也是她管。正式title是Assistant Director, Immigration Services, Office of International Students and Scholars

2. 我要是直接把opt拿去给hr,(1) hr 是否有自己单独的律师核实我的opt的有效性?(2) 还是说,hr最后还是会把我的case 转给这位律师,让她做相应的背景调查?要是后者的话,她是否会觉得我在严重欺骗她?

3.我要是直接把opt拿去给hr,但最后somehow还是不被承认,是否有很严重的后果?比如丧失当前的F-1身份之类的?

4. 万一opt走不通的话,我是不是只能等我的485 ead批下来才能工作?这样的话,在485 ead批下来之前,我是否仍要把自己看成是F-1 opt, 并遵守unemployment 少于90天的规定(opt)?

亟盼老师指导!

旧帖如下:

本人phd刚毕业,在一个学校找到一个教职工作,2012年1月份开始。opt已于11月上旬披下来。同时在11月中旬又递了485。新学校的律师 不是很nice,之前咨询485事宜时,她还让我尽快递485,说和我的opt应该不冲突,因为这是一个grey area。但我最近把opt给她,

-Why did you show your EAD to the lawyer? You just need to show the OPT EAD to your HR directot and work, and it is irrelevant to the lawyer.

想开始正式的hiring process时,她又一口咬定我的这种情况opt已经无效了,因为我有移民倾向。

我现在很着急,因为485ead一时半会儿还下不来。我还发了网上关于"递485后opt仍有用"的律师陈述给她,但她根本不理我。请问老师,我该怎么办?

-This is a gray area. Some lawyers say I-485 filing will affect existed F1 status, but some say don't affect it. In my opinion, I-485 filing does not affect your approved OPT, but will affect you to extend your F1 status. Here is an old INS Memo and you may print out this INS (prevous USCIS name) document from the following website and highlight the following section and then discuss it with your lawyer:

http://shusterman.com/handlregulationsadjustmentofstatus.html

"The Service has, traditionally, considered applying for adjustment
of status as relevant evidence in determining whether an alien has
abandoned the requisite nonimmigrant intent. Section 214(b) of the Act
does not, however, require the Service to hold this position as an
absolute rule. So long as the alien clearly intends to comply with the
requirements of his or her nonimmigrant status, the fact that the alien
would like to become a permanent resident, if the law permits this,
does not bar the alien's continued holding of a nonimmigrant status.
The Service is interested in the public view on this matter and
would appreciate written comments."

所有跟帖: 

回复:再问8老师和皮老师,递485后opt ead不被承认怎么办? -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (2299 bytes) () 12/08/2011 postreply 08:06:03

谢谢8老师,实在是万分感激!这些天被这事儿搞得寝食难安。 -villagegirl- 给 villagegirl 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/08/2011 postreply 08:13:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!