回复:My Problems with a black to be elected

来源: JXC 2008-07-19 06:56:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1062 bytes)
Although I can believe a lot of things you said to be true, I couldn't disagree more about your overall conclusion toward the black in general.

Black certainly has contributed more to this country than us Chinese; they led the way, fought & won the battle of civil right, generations of their people suffered for that to make America a more fair place for all races, so we as colored people ourselves (I don't know if you realize that) can enjoy the relative loose and more tolerant social environment today. I heard some old timers talked about how America was before the civil right, that was not a place I would love to live in; you live with your tail between your legs, and you need to know "your position". In my view we owe it big to the blacks because I don't think Chinese or Asian people have the strength or influence or will to fight the whites against racial discrimination as they have done. So just like in our Chinese saying, they dug the well, we drink the water; if we couldn't do anything in return, at lease be appreciative.

所有跟帖: 

I agree. The civil rights movement led by King is monumental -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (573 bytes) () 07/19/2008 postreply 15:37:23

I don't argue with your observations -JXC- 给 JXC 发送悄悄话 (1421 bytes) () 07/19/2008 postreply 17:55:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”