Come on, take it easy. You look so serious!

来源: 色书生 2009-03-19 07:06:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1709 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 色书生 ] 在 2009-03-20 09:12:05 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 经济衰退源自华尔街?色书生2009-03-17 08:00:02
I know a bit of equilibrium theory, and a bit of Black-Scholes model. Am I qualified to claim I know a teeny tiny bit of economic/finance? :)

Actually, how much I know about econ/finance has nothing to do with what I wrote or what you should argue. Either you state your deeper thoughts or point out where I was wrong. And, boy, was I talking about economics or finance?

So you said, everybody is greed. Let's agree on this. But we also know some old says like, no free lunch, or sky above not fall Xian-er Bing.

Wise people really know everything has a limit.

Let's take some examples.

Example 1. I sent you a letter, and told you that you could win $1,000,000 if you sent me a check of $100. You did as what I suggested and found out later you didn't win. Who is to be blamed?

Example 2. Suppose you make $40,000 a year (I am sure you make much much more than that.) and you want to buy a house, say around $100,000.

Your agent says, oh, no, you don't want to live in such a house like that. You can buy a $500,000 house.

You say, I can afford the mortgage.

He says, if you only pay the interest, you'll be fine. The rate is now only 4.0%, if you pay 20% down.

You say, I don't have the money to put down.

He says, no problem, you can borrow from another bank with a bit higher rate of 5.5%. However, the rate may be different after 5 years.

You say, what about after 5 years?

He says, the rate may be higher or lower. But no worry. If the rate is higher, and you can not afford it, you can always sell you house. The housing price always goes up.

You are happy and buys a $500,000 house.

:)
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”