it depends on weather, doesn't matter which line, weather is the

来源: lvtotravel 2006-08-02 18:17:58 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2106 bytes)
回答: 回复:which cruiseline you are going with?sowhant2006-08-02 11:47:26
Like I said, calm sea/rough sea - all depends on what kind of weather you encounter. It does not matter which ship you are on, Celebrity, Princess, RCCL, NCL, Holland America, even Carnival (the line, not the Corp. which owns every other lines except RCCL and Celebrity) - the weather determines whether you have a smooth sailing or a rough sailing.

Of course if you leave from Seattle, then between Seattle and Vancouver, you are at "Unprotected Water" and you WILL encounter some rough sea no matter what.

Roundtrip Seattle is the worst choice to cruise Alaska - shorten itinerary (because you have to do a round trip instead of one-way) and have to go thru Unprotected Water twice, going and coming - so out of a 7-day cruise you have 2 x 1 1/2 days that you potentially encounter rough water. Besides, boarding at Seattle from what I heard, is a nightmare. After 2 years, Princess finally wise-up and pulls her 2 new ships out of Seattle - Now Diamond and Sapphire do one-way between Vancouver and Whittier - the much older and smaller Dawn and Sun are doing Seattle roundtrip instead.

The water usually is much calmer once you are in "Inside Passage".

Unless you are prone to motion sickness, normally you dont need medication. However, if you are NOT a frequent cruiser and DO prone to motion sickness (even when driving long distance) then you may want to consider taking Ginger Pills 2 weeks BEFORE your sailing. You can get Giner Pills at Health Stores - just ask the store sales persons for help.

It is WhitePass train, not Whitehorse - Whitehorse is the name of the town at Yukon, Canada. (I believe it is the Capital of Yukon, but I am not sure).

Finally, dont set your expectation too high - I strongly feel Alaska cruises are over-rated. Worse, people spend lots of money doing Alaska cruises (plane tickets, cruise fares, and EXPENSIVE excursions), they have a tendency to only talk up the good and even not so good parts, and downplay or not even want to talk about the bad parts (so not to feel "cheated"). It is a psychological thing.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”