回复:Will be cruising soon

来源: aliso01 2004-11-19 09:43:20 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3522 bytes)
Here is my personal opinion, and you will have to decide if it's right for you.

First cabin location:

You can find the layout of each deck of each ship on expedia.com. You might need to look around a little.

1) If you are likely to suffer from sea sickness, then you want to avoid cabin at forward, upper deck, and side location. So the best cabin in terms of rolling on wave is located at the ship end, middle of lower deck.
However room at end of ship tend to suffer from more pronounced vibration. The vibration is not serious, but you can feel it when you goto bed. Most people have no peoblem with it, so you have to decide what's more important to you.

2) Avoid cabin close to elevator and stair. I assume your vacation will be during school holidays since you have a 9-yr old with you. On some cruise lines, such as Carnival and Royal Caribeen, they tend to attract large number of kids. They will generate more noise, especially teenagers.

3) Avoid cabins directly under the pool area. Cruise lines tend to hold parties at night around pool area, and noise can penetrate to your room.

4) If you like to see the port the ship is calling,
then choose the port side over star side. The port side is generally the right hand side when you face toward the bow of the ship.If you cannot get enough of the blue water, then choose star side.

5) Avoid cabins close to photo gallery. They tend to attract lots of people in the evening, especially the last nights before debarkation.

6) If you have no problem with motion sickness, then you want to move up a little since most of the public area are located toward upper deck and you do want to be near them, just not too close. Some of the ship can be quite large and walking from one end to another end is about 1000 feet.

7) If you are choosing Royal Caribeen's Voyoge class ships, then the center promedone can be a fun and NOISY place in the evening. So watch out.

As for type (category) of cabin, it all depends on your budget. I have always like to book a room with balcony when I cruise to Caribeen, Alaska, Tahiti. However I try to save money and book the cheapest room when I goto Mexico (Pacific side), Northeastern region.
With a glass of wine in hand, sitting at your own balcony, looking over pure blue water is the most relaxing moment I have enjoyed. Personally I tend to avoid the cabin with ocean view. Because you can not open the window, and you cannot really enjoy much of the view, so I either go for the balcony or save money and get the cheapest one.

So which cruise line/ship are you looking at?
Remember each cruise line are different in terms of the product they present. Some offer better service and food, but is more subdued. Some offer cafeteria style of food, but is more fun and the party last all day and night. Some offers better excursions, while others excel in on-board enrichment program. Some cruise line has excellent kids program, while others are geared toward mature adult ( one cruise line is known as "God's waiting room" since the average age of passengers on their ship is 65+). So you first have to decide what's most important to you? Is it service and food? Is it onboard activities for the kids? Do you perfer traditional cruising experience or free style offered by 2 cruise lines?

My wife and I tend to choose different cruise lines depending on whether our kids are coming with us or not.
So it's your call.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks so much!! -c21wiser- 给 c21wiser 发送悄悄话 (143 bytes) () 11/19/2004 postreply 14:15:40

回复:You are welcome -aliso01- 给 aliso01 发送悄悄话 (622 bytes) () 11/19/2004 postreply 15:06:30

Thanks a million. -c21wiser- 给 c21wiser 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2004 postreply 18:58:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”