backhoe paving gravel private road

来源: leslieking 2022-11-20 05:37:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4991 bytes)

it’s a wrestle w leveling the dirt road, digging drain line, adding drain rock, and finally adding baserock. 9 days out in the fields, such a steep slope road, a total of 140 yard of rock, paved about 150 feet long, 12-14 ft wide, two parking lots.
truck barely climbed the steep slope of 19 degree /35%.
got to the building site in night and saw the toy dropped on lot, spanking new, a John Deere 310L model. took half an hour finding the key, it was left on top of the cabin. first time getting a brand new rental equipment w 3.2 hours in it.
day 1 driving the backhoe w loader facing, the road was rough cut early this year, slanted w higher end toward the hill. climbing up w loader up, at the steep spot, it failed to climb, it just skidded side, I lost sense of gravity. I wish I could jump out. I wish I had a gopro to record that moment, when I somehow made a turn, knocked a down a manzanita tree, and safely landed down hill the parking lot near building site.
day two laying the fabric, the backhoe caught the 6.5 ft wide and dragged it down all the way to the bottom parking lot, ripped in half, about a 100 ft long, I only saw that when I turned the backhoe. that must be so funny if caught on video.
deciding to rent a trench digger, then a skip loader and then roller was a hard decision given the steep slope, any new equipment would a wrestle and taking some hours to feel and operate. plus the trips going back and forth to the rental place, a hour away each trip. I tossed my favorite coin, and it’s three tails, that I need to go w the second option that I planned. I ditched it and just kept working on the backhoe. I pray for my safety, taking breaks, and worked no more than 6 hours each day.
the land is beautiful, I enjoyed the sunrise, finally figured out why facing the sun or moon I got eat 82 degree not a straight 90. when I see them in the east, it already went to quite a bit behind the hill. what I see is not what the true east is.
the backhoe is loud and noisy. I had my earplugs, still very loud. I had to go up via the trail that I had from my septic tank build, it’s about 9 degree , 16 % slope. it climbs easy, and loud, passing where parents ash is laid, I say sorry to my mother, and ask them to protect me.
it knocked on the oak trees perhaps a dozen times creating a funny mark. there are many things to look out, and passing the narrow road of maybe 12 ft btw two oak trees seem a miss.
140 yards, I must have been going around a hundred times.
it must be the right way to back down w the loader up, 1 yard of rocks plus it’s own weight would make it safe to back down, w hoe facing down. but I sucked at backing just I have been always having trouble w backing a trailer. no matter how many times I rented a trailer, backing and trying to turn correct is nearly impossible. I found I am comfortable w driving down w the loader facing down hill. there was one few moments of lost control, when driving down I hit the neutral, the thing slides 10 feet, a sense of being a roller coast and lost sense, free fall was scary. it needs to be in park, or in gear, to stay balanced.
final moment of truth, testing truck going down had no problem. the drive was soft like I am floating as the base rock wasn’t compacted other than the tracks by the backhoe.
going up the steep climb, the truck stopped and spinned. I had to back down. I climbed up via the old trail.
I decided that I had to pave the old trail as it may be my only way to exit during the rainy season. took a day or two to pave a section of 100 ft, as it climbed up and passing parents ash I prayed for my safety.
the water was so cold after a day work, I poured water from head to toe. the weather was actually very nice, 70s during the day, but when sun goes down, the temperature drops fast. sitting in the chair after cleaning myself and keeping self warm, having a sip of beer is just a joy in heaven.
a blue bird barn swallow is near by, following around. these creatures try their way finding perhaps a piece of worm or a bread leftover to feed on. it’s blue color caught my eyes. a wood chipper is recognizable by their pricking on the oak trees, farther but distinct.
I always so enjoyed the night sky and always trying finding my favorite Vega. oh Altire, a shiny lone star sitting opposite of Vega cross the Milky Way, I think whoever in the ancestor made that story of a man and women loving to see each other but never meet is a lonely soul. yea indeed as night falls, there is nothing to do other than walking up and down the newly paved gravel road. I walked an average of 10 thousand steps during the 9 day wrestle.
lost 6 lbs. and funny after two weeks I still weigh the same.
thanks for reading and happy thanksgiving.

所有跟帖: 

文笔不错,似乎发错了地方。车坛是技术坛,如果你的文章里有助于别人仿造施工的内容,才有意义。 -chinomango- 给 chinomango 发送悄悄话 chinomango 的博客首页 (60 bytes) () 11/20/2022 postreply 07:41:39

修车的路,放宽一些人气高了 -soccer88- 给 soccer88 发送悄悄话 soccer88 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2022 postreply 17:08:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”