snapon is a pro

来源: internuts 2011-12-24 08:58:10 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1145 bytes)
回答: 还要补充一下老化的问题snapon2011-12-23 22:49:01

the op didn't go to dealer s/he said 前后去了修车厂3次.  i doubt if the shop really knew mercedes.

for transmission, there are some spots prone to aging:

1) at rear, there is a kickdown signal plug, seals could be toasted

2) at passenger side, k1 and k2 piston seals; kickdown cable seal; dipstick tube seating and pivot pin.

3) at driver side, control module seal and pump seal

4) pan gasket

all of these are subject to aging but diyable. i replaced all of these seals over years.  the only thing tricky was pivot pin - there was no way to take it out even from inside as it's hammered into the tranny body; thus i *****-welded it from outside. 

mercedes tranny really lasts long, most will last 20+ years with proper care (not sure the most recent ones but i think the same).  mine is already 25 years with 174kmi, it runs smooth and still my daily driver.  in the event it breaks down one day, i will have a shop rebuild it for $1100 with 2 year warranty.  it'll last for another 20 years.

所有跟帖: 

25年? 开这么老的车一定很费油吧? -bushihandyman- 给 bushihandyman 发送悄悄话 bushihandyman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2011 postreply 11:39:22

no 25 mpg diesel -internuts- 给 internuts 发送悄悄话 internuts 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2011 postreply 11:59:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”