I advise treating this as an education...

来源: Lyedge 2010-09-08 09:50:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1842 bytes)
What Costco does extra compared to other tire shops are:
1. Free rotation and balance
2. Free Road Hazardous Warranty

Those are truly valuable features when buying tires.

You are probably confusing the Road Hazardous Warranty (RHW) with the normal tire warranty. The RHW is an insurance against accidental tire damage -- 爆胎due to running over a curb (or I ran over a knife once), or leak due to a nail. The normal tire warranty is offered by the tire manufacturer through every tire shop. It is an actual warranty against any quality issues that cause the tire to wear out prematurely. The premature wear can lead to the type of 爆胎that you experienced. But that kind of wear is almost always the vehicle owners fault these days -- due to incorrect inflation, (your) alignment problems, and all the other issues in every tire warranty's fine print. In other words, no matter where you have purchased the tires, you probably have no chance to get any money back this time.

And it's not the shop or tire manufacturer's fault. When the alignment is wrong, you are basically asking the tires to run on its edge instead of the whole tread, or asking it to run like it's always turning instead of rolling straight. Then of course, like "vw308" said, they will wear much faster as a result.

The owner needs to learn to spot the alignment problems early. In fact, I'll be surprised if you have taken the tires into Costco for free balancing and they didn't tell you you have an alignment problem. If that's the case, take the receipt of your last balancing job (hopefully not too long ago at Costco) to Costco. Point out to them that they did not tell you there is an alignment problem. If you can prove that they missed this, you should be able to get them to honor the warranty. Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

学习学习,增加知识 -满地找牙- 给 满地找牙 发送悄悄话 满地找牙 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/08/2010 postreply 10:02:04

回复:I advise treating this as an education... -Yangtze430030- 给 Yangtze430030 发送悄悄话 (55 bytes) () 09/08/2010 postreply 10:59:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”