My experience of DIY Car sound insulation materials

来源: History2008 2009-09-22 11:56:30 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1555 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ History2008 ] 在 2009-09-22 12:11:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Last weekend I finally removed the Fatmat (similar as Dynermat)on my 2004 Honda CRV.

Fatmat and Dynermat are car sound deadening/insulation materials. I bought my CRV new, when I test-drove it, I forgot to test it on Highway (maybe too excited as it was the first time buying a new car). It was very smooth on local, but the road noise turned out to be very loud on US highway as most of US highways are not covered by tar. So I decided to add the sound insulation materials myself: Ordered Fatmat online, spent 6 hours taking apart the door trims/panels, applied the sticky side to the doors and trunk, and intalled the panels back on. Verdict: Not very useful in reducing road noise,but very good at eliminating audio low bass sound rattling. You might like it if you are a fans of loud music in the car. All the rattling caused by the ultra-low bass disappeared.

The reason I remove it after 5 years is because of the tar smell from the sticky materials on the back of the insulation materials in very hot summer. It is not very strong but I just don't like it. (later Dynermat claimed that they have no such smell anymore, but Dynermat is far more expensive!!!).

So be very cautious if you want to install this kind of sound insulation materials. It is not easy to install, and it is super difficult to remove!!!. At one time I even want to trade in my car to get a Rav 4 just to get rid of the road noise and the smell all at once. But Rav4 has no flip-open rear window to let my dog stick out the head to enjoy the ride...

所有跟帖: 

Honda always much more noiser than Toyota -Roadster- 给 Roadster 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/22/2009 postreply 19:30:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”