请教大家 kitchen exhaust fan

来源: joeyli 2017-10-04 10:07:52 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2020 bytes)

I wanted to clean my kitchen exhaust fan and to do maintenance.  After taking it down/out, there is problem.  The motor still works fine.  But the grille/cover does not attach any more.  The grille goes up with two screws on each side.  The grille is partially broken so one screw does not attach any more.  Also, the grille is not looking good any more.

I tried to find a grille on line but have not found one that mounts with two screws.  The one on Amazon that I did find does not show where the screws attach to.  I left questions, but have not received answers.  I found one that mounts with a screw in the center.  But my motor does not look likelike a hole can be drilled in the center. 

So I have been looking to replace the whole fan.  My fan does not have any ductwork connected to it.  The ones I found on line all have ductwork.

My solution temporarily is to put the motor and the fan back without the cover.  A friend suggested dumping the fan and patching the drywall.  It is probably not ideal, since the fan, even though only through internal circulation, is useful.  And there is the cavity and the electrical work already there. 

Could anyone give me some suggestions?

Picture 1 is the cavity where the fan was.  It is not the ceiling.  It is above the stove, microvawe and the cabinets.

Picture 2 is the motor and the fan (just taking it down).

非常感謝.  I won't be online much this afternoon, so thank you to all in advance.

大家中秋快乐! 

所有跟帖: 

show me the grille where the screw is inserted. -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2017 postreply 10:13:46

I will do it later -joeyli- 给 joeyli 发送悄悄话 (110 bytes) () 10/04/2017 postreply 10:33:15

local HD has duct free exhaust fan around $49 -IEbird- 给 IEbird 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2017 postreply 10:42:58

this is the one you are talking about? -joeyli- 给 joeyli 发送悄悄话 (93 bytes) () 10/05/2017 postreply 07:02:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”