利率如何影响房价?看看过去几十年的数据和分析。

来源: southmountainer 2016-09-18 10:00:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4870 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ southmountainer ] 在 2016-09-18 10:03:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

下面这篇文章讲解了利率,房价的关系。房子是防通货膨胀的。但也不是总是通胀高,房价就高。但利率越高,房价的增长大多数情况下,越低。

http://www.investingthesis.com/analysis-insights/correlation-of-mortgage-rates-with-real-housing-prices-how-increasing-inflation-could-affect-housing-prices/

Correlation of mortgage rates with real housing prices: How increasing inflation could affect housing prices。

Correlation of mortgage rates with real housing prices: How increasing inflation could affect housing prices

Correlation of mortgage rates with real housing prices: How increasing inflation could affect housing prices

I was talking with a friend who was telling me that it was the absolute perfect time to buy a house because housing prices have tumbled and interest rates are low.

I asked him, “What happens to housing prices if there is inflation and rates go up?”

“Housing prices should go up with inflation as they do for all goods. Housing is a natural hedge for inflation”

Did my friend have a point? Yes and no.

Yes, he was right that in a high inflationary environment, housing prices should rise with all other assets. Rents will go up, as will the price of all the inputs into housing such as lumber and labor costs.

Obviously, housing prices will go up to reflect this reality.

But no, when inflation and thus nominal interest rates increase, housing prices tumble. When rates fall, housing prices tend to increase.

Relationship between mortgage rates and housing prices

You can see an obvious correlation by looking at the following graph of interest rates and the log of real housing. The two black circles are areas where the correlation is obvious. The third red circle is an area where the correlation seems less relevant.

30 year fixed Mortgage rate and change in real home appreciation from 1970 to 2006

30 year fixed Mortgage rate and change in real home appreciation from 1970 to 2006

The simplest explanation for this correlation comes down to payment. Most people have to finance their homes. As such, they make housing decision based upon monthly payment, i.e. what they can afford. If a borrower with 2,000.00 available per month for a mortgage, they could afford to finance about $372,500 over 30 years with a 5% rate. If that rate were to increase to 10%, the amount they could afford to finance would drop by almost 40% to $273,000.

From 1982 to 2003, there was a long term trend of dropping mortgage rates. During this same term, we had a general improvement in the change in housing prices. The exception was 1990 to 1991 where there is a period of negative changes to housing prices that aren’t explained by the mortgage rates. Also, from 2003 to 2006, mortgage rates stabilized, but housing increased dramatically. New products such became popular such as subprime mortgages and payment option arms that allowed lower payments so people could afford more housing and thus drive up the price even while mortgage rates were stable

所有跟帖: 

利率高是因为通胀高,过高影响房价,利率低是因为通胀低,但推高房价,所以整体来说房地产的增值速度高于通胀 -闲来无事事- 给 闲来无事事 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/18/2016 postreply 10:03:14

过去几十年房地产的增值速度基本上等于通胀 。看看数据。 -southmountainer- 给 southmountainer 发送悄悄话 (622 bytes) () 09/18/2016 postreply 10:11:14

这个游戏都没搞明白啊?先用低利率推高房地产,套住你,base变大了,然后再加息,呵呵 -IAM3Down4Up- 给 IAM3Down4Up 发送悄悄话 IAM3Down4Up 的博客首页 (428 bytes) () 09/18/2016 postreply 10:19:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”