RE: Lever would not come off

来源: joeyli 2014-08-26 10:24:06 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5451 bytes)

I appreciate any feedback.  Thanks in advance.

For a while I had problems shutting off the water.  Not a huge problem, just sometimes feeling the lever was stuck when I tried to push in or pull out.

I got a new cartridge.  My friend and I have worked on this a few times trying to take off the lever in order to replace the cartridge .  fRom the instructions Moen had sent to us, once we take off the screw, nothing should stop us from taking the lever off.  But we have not been able to do that.  As Moen suggested, there is mineral deposit stuck in the lever and that is preventing the lever from coming off. 

So this is what I did:

1. I shut off the water to the whole place;
    2. I drip a towel in 75% vinegar and 25% water (I heat up the liquid mixture first) and then wrap the towel around the lever.  I push it in and pull it out a few times, hoping to get the vinegar mixture into the lever. 
    3. I let this sit there for a while.

I also used WD-40.  So far this still has not got the lever to come off.

So what should I do?

1. Do I continue to do this for a few more times?  A better solution to get the lever off?
  2. After working on the lever unsuccessfully for some time, it does seem easier to push it in or pull it out.  I am somewhat discouraged by everything I have doen.  So I am inclined to not do anything now until it gets much worse.  It seems that I can manage the lever OK now. 
  3. I am also concerned that maybe the cartridge is working fine.  So there might be no need to replace the cartridge.

Is that a good idea to simply take a break under the situation?

所有跟帖: 

买一个handle puller -空虚的云- 给 空虚的云 发送悄悄话 (132 bytes) () 08/26/2014 postreply 14:08:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”