Studying Pub 525

来源: sneezy888 2013-01-16 14:06:45 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2451 bytes)
回答: tax 问题sneezy8882013-01-16 11:49:57

Some stuff I learned:

Improvements

The costs of making improvements to a business asset are capital expenses if the improvements add to the value of the asset, appreciably lengthen the time you can use it, or adapt it to a different use. Improvements are generally major expenditures. Some examples are: new electric wiring, a new roof, a new floor, new plumbing, bricking up windows to strengthen a wall, and lighting improvements.

However, you can currently deduct repairs that keep your property in a normal efficient operating condition as a business expense. Treat as repairs amounts paid to replace parts of a machine that only keep it in a normal operating condition.

===============================

From this I am guessing that a new roof or kitchen is sure a capital expendure, but fixing the fence or painting the wall is to keep it in normal operating condition so can be expensed.

Interesting part of pub 525 is the start-up cost which it says you can deduct up to 5k then captalize rest. But I am not quite sure what qualify as start-up cost. Rehabing a 白菜算不算?

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p535/ch07.html#d0e4499

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”