回复:I added more position to SD, very bright future from here

来源: beam 2010-02-27 12:07:06 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2266 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ beam ] 在 2010-02-27 15:34:24 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Miat42:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about natural gas. I would like to know what is your take on the following information about nuclear power may be preferred:

http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=84780

Quote:
The second reason that I believe Warren Buffett is against the deal has to with the reason Exxon made the offer to buy XTO. According to many analysts the deal is a pure play on natural gas. XTO is one of the largest natural gas producers in the country.

I am not an expert on energy policy but I see two possibilities for the United States getting reducing its dependence off oil and coal in the near future; natural gas or nuclear technology. The United States has a huge supply of domestic natural gas. While natural gas does produce carbon emissions, it produces far less than oil or coal which currently the United States is heavily dependent on. It would be an alternate energy source for the country at least in the near future.

Nuclear power produces zero emissions; however there are many cons about nuclear technology which I will not get into now. Lately it looks like the Obama administration is taking the Nuclear power route to make the country more energy independent. For the 2011 budget, President Obama proposed y issuing over $54 billion in loan guarantees to expand nuclear power and reduce carbon emissions. In fact Obama recently issued $8 billion loan guarantees recently for two nuclear plants to be built in the Georgia (although this action happened after Buffett’s sale of XOM, maybe Buffett saw this coming especially since Obama consults with him on economic policy from time to time). This is a significant move since this could lead to the first nuclear plant being built in America in over three decades.

This is very bad news for natural gas (and other energy sources). If Obama stresses nuclear power while simultaneously Exxon Mobil is hedging its future on natural gas, XOM is in big trouble. This is not a small bet by Exxon Mobil. The company has proposed a deal worth tens of billions of dollars that is an all in play on natural gas. Maybe, this is another reason why Warren Buffett aggressively sold so much stock in Exxon Mobil.

Regards,

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”