AT in The White Mountain

来源: 小鸿 2009-09-23 05:34:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (4852 bytes)
回答: 百慕大风光孤影2009-09-21 15:11:56
From September 5 to 12, my friend Xiaoman and I trudged the most rugged and elevated section of Appalachian Trail: White Mountain, New Hampshire.

We did it again - Xiaoman and I on the trail.

The mountains

The rocks

The trail

On the trail - 1

On the trail - 2

On the trail - 3

On the trail - 4

There were not many places on the trail that they could put a sign like this

All we could do was follow the cairns and they are easy to miss considering you are seaching for a pile of rocks on a rocky backgound

Follow the cairns - 2

Cairns on the Presidential ridge

Mount Washington is the highest peak in north east America. It's famous for bad weather. But the day we were on top of it, the visibility was 110 miles (it was 1/10 of a mile when I visited it last year). A week later after I came back to Pitt*****urgh, there was a car parked next to mine had a bumper sticker says "This car drove to the top of Mt. Washington". As I was reading it, the owner of the car said "how about that?" proudly. I looked at him, pointed to my feet and said "these feet walked to the top of Mt. Washington, twice. How about that?"

It's great to be on the top - at the top of Mount Jefferson

At the top of Mount Adams

At the top of Mount Madison - 1

At the top of Mount Madison - 2

Coming down from a mountain is harder than climbing it

The morning of the mountains - 1

The morning of the mountains - 2

The morning of the mountains - 3

Mountains during the day - 1

Mountains during the day - 2

The evening sky of the mountains - 1

The evening sky of the mountains - 2

Moose are the largest mammal of North America (a male moose can be up to 1400 lb. and a female one can be up to 900 lb.). It is the dearest wish of many hikers to see one. Amazingly, we saw two moose right on our trail, a mother and a baby. Xiaoman even got a gentle touch by the mother moose (the moose kicked/touched her in her chest). Now she is one of the few moose attach survivors.

What we did this time was called hut-to-hut hiking. AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club) has 9 huts along the White

Mountain section of AT. The huts are not accessible by cars. We hiked through 6 of them. The huts provided us bunker

beds, full course of dinner and breakfast. All we needed to carry were cloths and lunches. Hut crews are mostly made of college kids. They carry all the food up to the high mountain; cook them and server to us. They are amazing young men and women. This is one of the huts we stayed.

Our hiking track and profile

所有跟帖: 

AT in The White Mountain -小鸿- 给 小鸿 发送悄悄话 (4842 bytes) () 09/23/2009 postreply 05:39:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”