回复:What in the Agreement

来源: apt 2008-07-08 00:19:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1265 bytes)
回答: 回复:Another Law Suit ?!apt2008-07-07 11:25:52
He is a lawyer so that he knew better not to take the client's fund, and of course, an attempt does not count. That is why he was angry when you did not consent.

California Business & Professions Code Section 6147 (a)(2) says the contingency contact SHALL include "a statement as to how di*****ursements and costs incurred in connection with the prosecution or settlement of the claim will affect the contingency fee and the client's recovery." Section 6147 (b) says "failure to comply with any provision of this section renders the agreement voidable at the option of the plaintiff, and the attorney SHALL thereupon be entitled to collect reasonable fee."

There are five provisions in 6147 that must be in your contract. Go search 6147 online and try to find the exact words in your contract. Without seeing the contract, at least I can guess that the contract does not specify how much he can collect at which step. I don't think he can collect more than reasonable costs because he never prosecuted the claim. You went there alone and settled with the defendant. I still encourage you to report him because most of these questions are heavily fact based so that only the governors of the state bar will answer your questions accurately.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for this helpful information. -zclearwater- 给 zclearwater 发送悄悄话 (195 bytes) () 07/08/2008 postreply 21:26:47

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”