What do you want to do?

来源: wooddiy 2008-10-03 09:13:07 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1867 bytes)
So, looks like you don't want to reinstall the system, otherwise it is very simple.

If you computer is new enough, by using XP sp2 (you can go for sp3 now) you can call any logic drive any letter and install windows on any drive you like. Not just C. I've got two windows on C, D before!

So, if you want to keep the old windows system, you need to find programs like Ghost. If you have spare disk, backup to there along with all your other important files.

Then format the old disk, then ghost back your backup.

NOW, very important thing, was your windows installed on E or C? I've got a situation that my windows is crossing several logic drives, hence unless I got exactly same drive mapping (from C to H), the ghost back system doesn't work. It was W2K though.

Hence from then on, a clean system on C only is preferred, like others' saying.

I would suggest you reinstall the windows after you figure out which physical drive to be master and slave, and which physical drive is divided into how many/what logic drives.This is a much easier move and keep it like that from now on.

On PC can like to multiple physical drives, each physical drive can have up to 4 primary partitions with each become a logic drive with any letter you can assign to. You can have one primary and multiple secondary partition as well, but that is silly move for you can't just remove one logic drive.

What I do for all my 7 home computers (and 5 external HDDs) is to divide from 3 to 4 primary partitions on the main HDD. The first (assign to C drive) will be system only. The second (assign to D drive) will be data drive. The third one will be a backup drive to store ghost images.

If you want to swap contents on C, that is the windows system files, you can do whatever you want. Switching between XP/Vista/W2K etc.

所有跟帖: 

回复:What do you want to do? -swj2000- 给 swj2000 发送悄悄话 swj2000 的博客首页 (1003 bytes) () 10/03/2008 postreply 16:08:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”