DC Rental Market Report

来源: va_landlord 2007-03-15 11:42:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1138 bytes)
I recently rented three properties and sincerely feel the hotness of the DC rental market.

The first one is a two bedroom condo. I rented it for only $1395 this time of the last year. Then the renter bought a house, so I increased to $1475 late last year. Now this renter is moving out so I advertised for $1500. Rented in a week.

The second one is a one bedroom condo. The current renter pays $1200. As he is moving out, I advertised for $1300. The third viewer took it and paid deposit.

The third one is a townhouse. I advertised for $1850 this time the last year and eventually rented for $2000 as the renter had a cat. She is now moving out so I advertised for $2150. The first viewer took it and will the application and deposit tomorrow. So, the asking price increased $300, which was more than 20% for this townhouse and rented out easily.

This is only mid March and the market is usually still inactive at this time of the year. What will happen in May? It will definitely much hotter.

If this trend continues for a couple of years, the majority of people will prefer buying than renting again.

所有跟帖: 

good news -sprucemtn- 给 sprucemtn 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/15/2007 postreply 11:55:23

Repost from bbschinese.com: My thought on DC region -miat42- 给 miat42 发送悄悄话 miat42 的博客首页 (4938 bytes) () 03/15/2007 postreply 12:17:51

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”