FYI: someone's same experience

来源: polyGM 2007-11-19 20:10:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2393 bytes)
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/1999-honda-civic-p0740-vt21046.html

I drive a 1999 Honda Civic, automatic transmission, 254,000 miles (yes, you read it right, 254,000). Last April the check engine light came on and I took the car to a mechanic. The code was P0740. I was told I needed a new transmission. I went to the dealer for a second opinion, same recommendation. I was prepared to retire the car, but a friend recommended a mechanic to me, so I gave it one more shot. He, of course, got the same code, but checked the transmission fluid before jumping to conclusions. It was extremely dirty, so he told me it was worth a shot to have that replaced and see what happened (the car was acting completely normal, there was no change in performance during all this). He replaced the fluid (and said there was no metal in it), and the light stayed off for about 1000 miles. I went back to him when it came back on (still no change in performance.) He changed the fluid again, and said you can't get all the fluid out the first time. About 10,000 miles later, the light came on again. I had a friend check the code and it was, once again, P0740. He freaked out and said I needed a new transmission, just like most the other mechanics. He turned off the light, and the next day I took a trip from Pensacola to Ocala and back. No problems, car ran like a dream, no check engine light. The day after I came back the light came on. I just disconnected the battery and reconnected it to turn off the light. It has not come back on (another 300 miles), Car is still running beautifully, I do regular oil changes, check the transmission fluid frequently, and maintain general maintenance. Do you think there is anything to be concerned about, or am I begging for a disaster?

One more thing, I had used the car when I delivered pizzas (about a year and a half...appx 35,000 of the miles were stop and go pizza delivery). Don't know if that info is related at all.

Good luck cracking this case, and thanks so much!
----------------------------------------------------

You know after reading what you have given us, I would opt for a replacement of the sensor itself on the tranmission. I might also look for a possible grounding issue or wiring problem with the wire harness to the tranny. It is obvious after over 11,000 miles that the tranny is probably not the issue.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”