Speeding tickets are easy to fight

来源: apt 2006-11-09 10:33:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (3514 bytes)
If you know how.

People replied before this post are misleading. Before I fought and won my ticket in June I actually signed an agreement not to release such information. However, having seen so many misleading posts I feel like I have to tell the truth, although I need to carefully avoid details of what I know.

First. You need to know the law. California traffic code never said that you CAN NOT drive over speed limit. Forgeting what the exact wording was, but I remember the law says that while driving on the road you can not put anybody else on the road in danger. Which means, if you are all by yourself on a highway you can drive 100mph and it is not against the law, because you are not putting anybody else in danger.

Second. Do not get a lawyer because you do not want to waste your money.

Third. Traffic school only works if you did not or will not get another ticket within 18 months. However, it is not the best choice because you still need to pay for the fine and traffic school. Plus, you need sit there for 8 hours and that is a waste of time. I did it online the first time, quickly, but it still took me 2.5 hours to finish everything. Then I had to drive to Kinko's to take the real test there.

Fourth. Do not believe that a different court date will bail you out because the police would not show up. In California, police is encouraged to go to court by getting double pay. The police has the very motive to go to the court!

Fifth. Do not believe you can beat the police because the judge will not let you loose so that the remaining 30 offenders sitting there will learn something from your case. In traffic court, you are presumed guilty until proven innocent because that is why you are in the court room.

Sixth. Do not challenge the police on their record of the radar, the laser gun, calibration, or other stuff because the police in California is super-careful these days. Five years ago, you may win by using the loophole of radar gun calibration or maintenaince record. Not anymore. Do not challenge the judge on your Constitutional rights (because the judge is acting as a jury and a judge and the police is acting as a witness and a prosecutor, which makes it a kangaroo court).

The correct way? Go with Written by Declaration. You can go to the court room to get an extension and request forms for WD. This way, the judge is less biased because he is all by himself to view the paper and he did not have the pressure of 30+ offenders waiting in the court room. Most importantly, the police has to use his own time to write the paper and he does not remember anything because he wrote 400+ ticket that day. He gets nothing by writing the paper. No vacation, no double pay. Why would he do it? I went to court to get the paper and it took me 30 minutes to fill the forms. The police tried to use his extension for 30 days to write but either he was too busy or he did not remember. Two and half months later my form came back, with a check (my bailment), with a writing "aquitted, no response".

That is how I won my ticket and that is how thousands of others in California won theirs.

Have to go to a meeting. Search WD on line. You can do it. I know a guy won four tickets within a year and the insurance company labeled him model insuree and gave him 25% discount for his premium. Either fighting the ticket or going to traffic school, do not pay for the ticket.

所有跟帖: 

an insteresting read -xxhhwxc- 给 xxhhwxc 发送悄悄话 (85 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 10:42:08

回复:an insteresting read -apt- 给 apt 发送悄悄话 (341 bytes) () 11/09/2006 postreply 19:50:40

很好奇 -错了吧:)- 给 错了吧:) 发送悄悄话 (176 bytes) () 11/10/2006 postreply 10:14:03

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”