Non-stick pan recommendation

来源: weston 2006-02-21 18:16:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1987 bytes)
Saw many discussions lately on the safety of using Teflon (or PTFE) coated
products.

The following are known: 1) high temperature can cause degradation of PTEF and producing hazardous fume 2) PFOA used in the production process of PTEF is a suspect carcinogen to humans.

1) is easy to control by managing cooking process 2) is a bit tough.

In my search for a better non-stick pan, I found Scanpan from Denmark. Quite a few cookware sites carry them, but not common in department stores. Its website states that their products are free of PFOA.

Scanpan's non-stick pans also use PTFE, but it developed a unique surface treatment process to greatly strengthen the binding of the non-stick coating with a hardened aluminium surface. As a result, you can use metal utensils on them without causing chipping.

"The Scanpan nonstick cookware lines use a coating process that consists of a ceramic-titanium plasma blasted onto the surface of forged aluminum, resulting in a surface with a hardness of 9.5. Nothing in your kitchen, other than your diamond ring, can scratch it. The surface of SCANPAN cookware is a uniform array of microscopic pits that are then filled with a high-temperature nonstick coating, out of the reach of metal implements and thus not subject to abrasion."

I've had Scanpan products over a yr now, and we use the frying pans daily. The surfaces don't have a single scratch mark after that much use, and as non-stick as when new. They work very well, for cooking egg, fish and pancake.

We don't use them in high heat cooking, to avoid any issue with PTFE.

They're somewhat pricey, Amazon has good price on the 9inch frying pan.

Hope the above helps, the following contains more price info on them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_1/102-2732743-0339328?%5Fencoding=UTF8&keywords=Scanpan%20%20Fry%20Pan&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AScanpan%20%20Fry%20Pan%2Ci%3Akitchen&page=1

所有跟帖: 

看上去好是好,不过我买不起 -喵呜子- 给 喵呜子 发送悄悄话 喵呜子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/21/2006 postreply 19:17:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”