Sex and the City 2

来源: melly 2010-08-06 13:29:30 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6738 bytes)

Sex and the City 2

I am really enjoying my down time before being challenged in school. So I spoiled and indulged myself in watching the newly released movie “Sex and the City 2” in addition to taking care of my son.

“Sex and the City 2” is a sequel to “Sex and the City 1”. The movie went further to focus on family issues such as marriage and kids. The girls were learning to deal with new challenges in their relationships.

In the movie, Samantha was still crazy about her physical appearance and sex. She did whatever could make her younger and sexier. Bored by daily routines after two years of marriage, Carrier and her hu*****and tried to establish a different marriage style, only suitable for them though could be ridiculous for others. They planned to take two days off once in a while, i.e. physically separated with each other, when they needed personal time and space. Charlotte juggled between her daughters, her marriage and her job. Miranda’s situation was similar to and yet better than Charlotte’s. She managed to balance her work and family by quitting her job as a lawyer, but felt lost deep in her heart. In spite of the twists and turns, the movie had a happy and encouraging ending. Though few people can lead such a fashionable, luxury life depicted in the movie, the problems they encountered are definitely realistic.

Two things impressed me the most. First of all, it is not easy for women to be successful in both career and family, though it is not unmanageable and unreachable. I was really touched by a scene in the movie. Miranda and Charlotte talked open heartedly about their concerns and anxiety in their lives. They desired to be responsible mothers and caring wives as much as to be successful in their careers. Unfortunately, sometimes they were driven crazy by either family or work issues in reality. Miranda missed her job after she quit for taking care more of her family. Charlotte wanted to run away when she couldn’t handle her daughters and yet this thought made her feel guilty. Both Miranda and Charlotte struggled to balance their personal life and professional life. Perhaps every woman needs a dream trip with friends to get away from messy life and clear her mind from time to time such that she can work better for both family and career.

Second, women worry too much. Is it genetically programmed since women are from Venus? Carrie pursued a perfect marriage, different from ordinary marriages in hundreds of thousands of families, in which sincere talks between hu*****and and wife should replace lying on bed watching television.  She started worrying her marriage if it failed to go this way. Charlotte was anxious about her hu*****and to have an affair with the nanny who was not in a habit of wearing bras. It was very interesting when the nanny was running toward Charlotte, the up and down movement of her breasts attracted all men around. No wonder Charlotte worked extremely hard to connect with her hu*****and Henry from 7700 miles away in the Middle East. But why and what did they worry? Was the reason lack of security? They were superior to many average women. They had excellent jobs and families. They led a life many people never ever think about. Possibly, just because everything is so perfect for them, they can’t bear any blemish in their marriage. It is not surprising that no matter how wonderful they were, they expected a happy life, for which they would do whatever needed.

Like “Sex and the City 1”, “Sex and the City 2” also started with the getting-together of the four girls. Interestingly, it began with a flashback to how the girls knew each other, what they did for a living and what they looked like when they first met.  For instance, Carrie worked as a sales girl and Samantha was a bartender. Ten years later, all of them developed their careers successfully and became sexy, independent women who were envied by others. A decade is a long and a short time in one’s life. Many things have changed such as a person’s appearance, interests, work, and relationships and so on. What hasn’t changed with time is their friendship, support to each other, and the pursuit of a better life.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

• The Year of Magical Thinking
  • Worth the Ride
  • Reading 062310
  • Reading 062210
  • Reading 062110
  • 所有跟帖: 

谢melly撰写的[欲望城市2]的电影观感.记得lilac也写过相关的文章. -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/06/2010 postreply 15:35:37

[欲望城市]之 Charlotte 的故事 (有声有图) - by lilac -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (147 bytes) () 08/06/2010 postreply 15:38:08

nice writing like flowing river never insufficient nor overflowi -billnet- 给 billnet 发送悄悄话 billnet 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/07/2010 postreply 11:24:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”