英语朗诵:Thirteen equals one 来源:小谋

来源: 美语世界 2009-04-11 19:30:19 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2578 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 美语世界 ] 在 2009-04-12 07:02:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
小谋, 感谢你声情并茂的英语朗诵,如果能附上原文就更好了,这样便于网友们的学习和阅读。 再谢你的分享,祝你周末快乐。 ****************** NEC reading lesson Two. 来源: [ 美语世界 ] 小谋 于 09-04-11 19:07:58 http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=mysj&MsgID=46624 Thirteen equals one Our vicar is always raising money for one cause or another, but he has never managed to get enough money to have the church clock repaired. The big clock which used to strike the hours day and night was damaged many years ago and has been silent ever since. One night, however, our vicar woke up with a start: the clock was striking the hours! Looking at his watch, he saw that it was one o'clock, but the bell struck thirteen times before it stopped. Armed with a torch, the vicar went up into the clock tower to see what was going on. In the torchlight, he caught sight of a figure whom he immediately recognized as Bill Wilkins, our local grocer. 'Whatever are you doing up here Bill?' asked the vicar in surprise. 'I'm trying to repair the bell,' answered Bill. 'I've been coming up here night after night for weeks now. You see, I was hoping to give you a surprise.' 'You certainly did give me a surprise!' said the vicar. 'You've probably woken up everyone in the village as well. Still, I'm glad the bell is working again.' That's the trouble, vicar,' answered Bill. 'It's working all right, but I'm afraid that at one o'clock it will strike thirteen times and there's nothing I can do about it." We'll get used to that, Bill,' said the vicar. "Thirteen is not as good as one, but it's better than nothing. Now let's go downstairs and have a cup of tea.'

请点击欣赏:如何在【美语世界】论坛查资料发帖子贴YOUTUBE

所有跟帖: 

谢谢建议, 首次帖朗读, 下次就知道了. -小谋- 给 小谋 发送悄悄话 小谋 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2009 postreply 19:35:12

谢谢小谋,周末快乐。 -美语世界- 给 美语世界 发送悄悄话 美语世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2009 postreply 19:40:33

The same thing that I did on my recording post -billnet- 给 billnet 发送悄悄话 billnet 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2009 postreply 19:39:05

问好,周末快乐。 -美语世界- 给 美语世界 发送悄悄话 美语世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2009 postreply 19:41:12

版主好!谢谢辛勤劳作! -billnet- 给 billnet 发送悄悄话 billnet 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2009 postreply 19:48:15

感谢你和大家的参与和支持。 -美语世界- 给 美语世界 发送悄悄话 美语世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2009 postreply 12:01:21

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”