【写作练习】抛砖引玉---My favorite online hangouts

来源: i999 2011-08-28 23:40:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8189 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ i999 ] 在 2011-08-29 05:54:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

俺写了几个小时的结果。请大家卷起袖子砸!还是那句话,爱我就给我砖。谢谢!

My favorite online hangouts

Being an addict to online surfing, I could barely live a day without internet. It was more than 15 years ago when I first experienced it, which has changed my life style profoundly ever since. For instance, along with meeting old friends and making new ones in the real world, I have developed several new social circles successfully in the virtual one. In my daily use of internet, I enjoy and benefit from the online forums most.

At different stages of my life, I have been attracted to and active in various online forums based upon my needs. Currently, my favorite internet hangouts include the baby club of Mitbbs and 美语世界 of Wenxuecity.  Coincidently, they both were introduced to me by my 老相好 that I met first and then became my good friend through internet. As long as I am online, I couldn’t help refreshing the webpages of these two forums alternately for new posts. Unlike in many other online forums, generally, people in these two are very friendly, warm-hearted, helpful, resourceful, polite, and so on.  I can continue listing more positive words to describe my impressions on them. I have made many friends there, even though I have not gotten a chance to meet most of them in person. Knowing these friends through shared interests and passions, or even personalities, I enjoy hanging out with them online everyday. 

I joined in the baby club about 2 years ago, and I am a senior member now. In this club, not only I have learned and shared a lot of knowledge and experiences about raising kids, cooking, and many other things, but also have dumped complaints and let off my anger and stress. Other than that, some personal experiences such as touching love stories and private photos are also shared heartily. In addition, what I enjoy most is to witness the exiting moments of the growth and improvement of the little ones even since they were in their mommies’ tummies, with tears and laughters. Though my focus now is no longer exclusively on raising my daughter as she grows up, I still visit the baby club many times a day to relax myself and to get updates of my friends. 

As the urge and enthusiasm to exchange information with my online mommy fellows have been fading away, I start to spend more time in self-improvement.  After thinking about my future over and over without a definite answer, I finally got settled with the idea of improving my English first, no matter what, to remove the language barriers as much as I can.  It is very sad that my English skills had regressed to a stage that I could not finish a sentence without mistakes after having stayed at home without practicing very often for three years. I can still feel the pain and desperation of being stuck on cover letters for my job application. Although I am technically still a newbie in 美语世界 since I have been there for only about 2 months, attracted by this forum in no time, I definitely become a frequent flyer there with at least 10 visits a day. Among the English-learning lovers, I am experiencing the greatest motivation, passion and joy in learning I have ever had, not to mention the improvement I have made with help from 美语世界. I am regaining my skills and confidence that have been lost for long time and getting even more in an efficient way facilitated by the guidance and encouragement from friends in this forum. I am so into it now to a degree that I have to remind myself to avoid running into an extreme.

Losing self-control and being obsessed by anything are always undesirable. Regardless how I love these two online forums and how helpful they are, I ought to be aware of the time I spend on them and keep a good balance of all the aspects of my life.

所有跟帖: 

Such a good writing! -everyday- 给 everyday 发送悄悄话 (304 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 07:02:15

得去上班了,晚上回来看 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 08:11:40

very nice writing! several comments, not bricks -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (18309 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 19:01:36

重谢!等我慢慢消化一下你的修改。亲一个。 -i999- 给 i999 发送悄悄话 i999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 19:19:58

顶顶。我那个怕上瘾可欲罢不能的心情更甚。 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 09:49:00

写得好。 -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 10:47:01

我刷屏无数次等砖。。。。砖!你在哪里啊! -i999- 给 i999 发送悄悄话 i999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 14:21:36

写的很好,自愧不如。 -wnexuechengyuan- 给 wnexuechengyuan 发送悄悄话 (80 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 14:40:45

good point,我要好好琢磨琢磨!谢谢你!第一块砖很宝贵。 -i999- 给 i999 发送悄悄话 i999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 14:49:57

A very good writing! I am very impressed. -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (27672 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 17:11:23

我拿什么谢谢你啊,宝贵的砖啊!我慢慢琢磨啊!有问题就再问你!谢谢! -i999- 给 i999 发送悄悄话 i999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 19:21:23

99, your writing is real and vivid...a couple tiny bricks -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (1334 bytes) () 08/29/2011 postreply 19:31:14

谢谢薇!你这么忙还惦记着给我扔砖,我感动死了。 -i999- 给 i999 发送悄悄话 i999 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/30/2011 postreply 13:28:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”