正文

I AM STRUGGLING WITH DISCRIMINATION OF SMALL TOWN POLITICAL ISSU

(2021-09-15 04:01:14) 下一个

(

ThThank you in advance for your signature. No donation for me)

Year 2012, as a single father, I moved from Montreal to the town of Standard, Alberta, with my two minor daughters. I bought a mini hotel in the town for my business. Since then, I have had a lot of troubles in dealing with small town political issues, partly because I am the only Asian family in the village. Fortunately, all the inspectors sent by town office are on my side because they know the town office’s tricks and found nothing wrong with my hotel.

A terrible thing happened in 2016, after a guy moved a 2-bedroom mobile house to my hotel yard, which I wasn’t formally purchased. The town office moved this mobile house away by wrongly named it as “skid shack”, which is not allowed by a town bylaw. Clearly, this action is an illegal application of the bylaw. Not only that, but the town office also charged me for the moving fee and $15 per day of storage fee. These fees were hidden in my hotel property tax (I refused to pay those costs but I paid off my annual property tax). The town office  accumulated storage fees up for years to total of $29,000. In 2020, then the town office threaded to place my hotel property for public auction if I continually refused to pay so.

According to the Provincial Government Municipal ACT S610: Property without owners under the control of the municipality will automatically become the legal property of the municipality if it is unclaimed after 30 days. To reduce expenses, the municipality must auction it after 90 days; for some reason, the municipality must destroy it if the auction fails. However, Standard’s town office knew that it was illegal and kept it in a parking area for over 4 years, accumulating a storage fee of $29,000, and used it as an excuse to threaten Peter in 2020. If the payment is refused, Peter's hotel will be auctioned! This is a clear testimony to the abuse of power by the town office against the civilians, almost driving Peter to a ruin.

Recently, Alberta Human Rights Commission sent a request for the town office to respond my complaint. I filled an injunction to stop auction of my hotel and legal harassment, possibly wish to sign the counterclaim for all the damages they caused my business and my family mentally, emotionally, and physically for nine years long. I have all the support documentation with evidence to follow up.

The town office’s harassment against me also includes: 1) Every year, the snow on the street dumped into my hotel and residences both properties.  2) I knew there is no need to apply a permit for renovation of the existing patio, but the town officer advised me to apply a permit. But when I followed and make a submission, the town office sent me a refusal; meanwhile accused me "renovation without permit". 3) Using the power rejected my hotel to apply for Canadian culture & historical site. 4) Spread rumors and ruin my hotel business into the market. 5) Provide cheap rent and convinced my tenants to break the contract. And etc.. . .

I insist on struggling and started this petition, one is for my family living environment, the other is for the immigrants and minority social groups who are still living with unfair living environments, and to let the mainstream society pay attention, justify back the mistakes and provide a better living improvement.

(请注意,以下的中文是为了让中文的同胞了解整个事件的简况,而不是对以上英语文章的翻译。 谢谢诸位的支持,我不需要捐款,只希望更多的人签名转发支持我的请愿)

潘Peter作为一名单身父亲,2012 年他带着两个年幼的女儿由魁省蒙特利尔移居阿省小镇Standard,并买下了一栋酒吧餐厅客房连体的百年迷你旅馆。由于他是唯一的亚裔,移居小镇不久就陷入了种种麻烦和歧视。虽然镇办 (village office) 一直刁难,并频频要求检查官们检查他的旅馆,但是检查官们均知道小镇的做法有问题,加上Peter完全遵守有关运营规定,检查官们都很同情Peter,并鼓励他不要气馁。之后,镇办再次制造种种借口继续对Peter的生意刁难干扰,但是Peter并没有因此屈服,于是镇办变换手法进一步设计整治Peter。

2016年Peter看中一个两睡房的Mobile Home, 当时只表示有购买意向。可是该房主因为急于关闭他的公司,在Peter不知情没有任何手续的情况下,该屋主把该MH运到Peter旅店的领地上 (法律上该MH不属于Peter)。镇办故意把MH错称为Skid Shack,然后以该镇规定Skid Shack不可以在该小镇使用为由将该MH拖走,以$15日计仓费累积达4年之久,而后将$29,000 余元的仓费运费非法变更纳入 Peter的旅馆地税内。

按照省政府市政法S610:在市政控制下的无业主财物,30天后无人认领即自动成为市政法定财物。为了减轻开支,90天后市政必须将其拍卖;因故流拍市政必须将其销毁。而Standard的镇办居然知法违法,将变更了的$29,000的仓储费作为拖欠地税,并以此为借口于2020年要挟Peter。如果拒付,便拍卖Peter的旅馆!这是镇办对平民滥用权力的明证,几乎要把Peter逼上绝路。

最近,省艾伯塔省人权委员会终于介入了调查并要求镇办回应Peter的诉求。于此同时Peter正在诉诸法律程序,禁止拍卖他的旅馆,并追讨九年来对他的生意和家人造成的物质和精神上的所有损害。我们签Petition,就是帮助他发声,讨回公道!

镇办对Peter的一系列的骚扰还有:1)每年将街道的积雪堆积在Peter的旅馆和民居的私家领地。2)在维修酒吧露台时,镇办逼迫Peter申领建筑执照(按规定维修已经存在的露台无需建筑执照),为了减少摩擦Peter还是递交了申请,镇办来个拒发,然后声称无证装修。3)利用权力拒绝Peter的旅馆申办加国文化历史遗产。4)散布谣言并规劝小镇镇民不去Peter的旅馆消费。5)鼓动Peter的房客毁约,并为其提供廉价租房。等等。。。

Peter 之所以坚持抗争,其一是为了他和他的家庭公平的生存环境,其二是希望通过他的抗争为移民和少数群族的不公平生存环境引起主流社会的关注并进行纠错和改善。

Steven Jin

nexthe Thank you in advance for your signature. No donation for me)

Year 2012, as a single father, I moved from Montreal to the town of Standard, Alberta, with my two minor daughters. I bought a mini hotel in the town for my business. Since then, I have had a lot of troubles in dealing with small town political issues, partly because I am the only Asian family in the village. Fortunately, all the inspectors sent by town office are on my side because they know the town office’s tricks and found nothing wrong with my hotel.

A terrible thing happened in 2016, after a guy moved a 2-bedroom mobile house to my hotel yard, which I wasn’t formally purchased. The town office moved this mobile house away by wrongly named it as “skid shack”, which is not allowed by a town bylaw. Clearly, this action is an illegal application of the bylaw. Not only that, but the town office also charged me for the moving fee and $15 per day of storage fee. These fees were hidden in my hotel property tax (I refused to pay those costs but I paid off my annual property tax). The town office accumulated storage fees up for years to total of $29,000. In 2020, then the town office threaded to place my hotel property for public auction if I continually refused to pay so.

According to the Provincial Government Municipal ACT S610: Property without owners under the control of the municipality will automatically become the legal property of the municipality if it is unclaimed after 30 days. To reduce expenses, the municipality must auction it after 90 days; for some reason, the municipality must destroy it if the auction fails. However, Standard’s town office knew that it was illegal and kept it in a parking area for over 4 years, accumulating a storage fee of $29,000, and used it as an excuse to threaten Peter in 2020. If the payment is refused, Peter's hotel will be auctioned! This is a clear testimony to the abuse of power by the town office against the civilians, almost driving Peter to a ruin.

Recently, Alberta Human Rights Commission sent a request for the town office to respond my complaint. I filled an injunction to stop auction of my hotel and legal harassment, possibly wish to sign the counterclaim for all the damages they caused my business and my family mentally, emotionally, and physically for nine years long. I have all the support documentation with evidence to follow up.

The town office’s harassment against me also includes: 1) Every year, the snow on the street dumped into my hotel and residences both properties. 2) I knew there is no need to apply a permit for renovation of the existing patio, but the town officer advised me to apply a permit. But when I followed and make a submission, the town office sent me a refusal; meanwhile accused me "renovation without permit". 3) Using the power rejected my hotel to apply for Canadian culture & historical site. 4) Spread rumors and ruin my hotel business into the market. 5) Provide cheap rent and convinced my tenants to break the contract. And etc.. . .

I insist on struggling and started this petition, one is for my family living environment, the other is for the immigrants and minority social groups who are still living with unfair living environments, and to let the mainstream society pay attention, justify back the mistakes and provide a better living improvement.

(请注意,以下的中文是为了让中文的同胞了解整个事件的简况,而不是对以上英语文章的翻译。 谢谢诸位的支持,我不需要捐款,只希望更多的人签名转发支持我的请愿)

潘Peter作为一名单身父亲,2012 年他带着两个年幼的女儿由魁省蒙特利尔移居阿省小镇Standard,并买下了一栋酒吧餐厅客房连体的百年迷你旅馆。由于他是唯一的亚裔,移居小镇不久就陷入了种种麻烦和歧视。虽然镇办 (village office) 一直刁难,并频频要求检查官们检查他的旅馆,但是检查官们均知道小镇的做法有问题,加上Peter完全遵守有关运营规定,检查官们都很同情Peter,并鼓励他不要气馁。之后,镇办再次制造种种借口继续对Peter的生意刁难干扰,但是Peter并没有因此屈服,于是镇办变换手法进一步设计整治Peter。

2016年Peter看中一个两睡房的Mobile Home, 当时只表示有购买意向。可是该房主因为急于关闭他的公司,在Peter不知情没有任何手续的情况下,该屋主把该MH运到Peter旅店的领地上 (法律上该MH不属于Peter)。镇办故意把MH错称为Skid Shack,然后以该镇规定Skid Shack不可以在该小镇使用为由将该MH拖走,以$15日计仓费累积达4年之久,而后将$29,000 余元的仓费运费非法变更纳入 Peter的旅馆地税内。

按照省政府市政法S610:在市政控制下的无业主财物,30天后无人认领即自动成为市政法定财物。为了减轻开支,90天后市政必须将其拍卖;因故流拍市政必须将其销毁。而Standard的镇办居然知法违法,将变更了的$29,000的仓储费作为拖欠地税,并以此为借口于2020年要挟Peter。如果拒付,便拍卖Peter的旅馆!这是镇办对平民滥用权力的明证,几乎要把Peter逼上绝路。

最近,省艾伯塔省人权委员会终于介入了调查并要求镇办回应Peter的诉求。于此同时Peter正在诉诸法律程序,禁止拍卖他的旅馆,并追讨九年来对他的生意和家人造成的物质和精神上的所有损害。我们签Petition,就是帮助他发声,讨回公道!

镇办对Peter的一系列的骚扰还有:1)每年将街道的积雪堆积在Peter的旅馆和民居的私家领地。2)在维修酒吧露台时,镇办逼迫Peter申领建筑执照(按规定维修已经存在的露台无需建筑执照),为了减少摩擦Peter还是递交了申请,镇办来个拒发,然后声称无证装修。3)利用权力拒绝Peter的旅馆申办加国文化历史遗产。4)散布谣言并规劝小镇镇民不去Peter的旅馆消费。5)鼓动Peter的房客毁约,并为其提供廉价租房。等等。。。

Peter 之所以坚持抗争,其一是为了他和他的家庭公平的生存环境,其二是希望通过他的抗争为移民和少数群族的不公平生存环境引起主流社会的关注并进行纠错和改善。

Steven Jin

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.