Reddit上昨天有个贴,是一个老美被困在大陆两个月的心得总结,以帮助大家度过这一段

来源: alazycatinsd 2020-03-14 10:51:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (40487 bytes)

链接:

https://www.reddit.com/r/self/comments/fhyx5m/hard_lessons_i_learned_from_being_locked_down_in/

内容拷贝在此方便大家:

(Hard!) Lessons I learned from being locked down in China for 2 months that I hope might help you

I wrote this for my friends and family but I hope this can help others too

I'm relieved to say that China is now over the worst of the COVID-19 outbreak with life returning to relative normality. I am still teaching online, but the stores are open again and there's more people out and about smiling, interacting, and going about their business. For the first time in months, I am feeling happy, healthy and confident about my future in this country.

However, I see that what I have been experiencing for the past two months is now steadily being repeated around the world and it's causing a creeping panic. I'm not one for false positivisms. I can't say it's going to get better because to each their own. However I do want to root YOU on as you try to pull through this situation. I've been there, it sucks, and it might suck for a while. All that said, here are some (hard!) lessons I learned over from being locked down in China for 2 months that I hope might help you.

• Don’t internalize your feelings, find social support and vent! I’m going to be real. Cabin fever is one hell of a ride. Yes, I was scared of the coronavirus but the situation also left me feeling frustrated, powerless, hopeless, bored, paranoid, restless, anxious, angry, apathetic, isolated, claustrophobic, misunderstood, and depressed for weeks on end. Reach out to your friends and family, use SAFE online support message boards like Big White Wall, or call crisis hotlines like Lifeline. Schedule calls with friends and family so you can look forward to certain days when you know you can hear from them. Don’t let those feelings brew up in side of you because stress CAN affect your immune system.

• Focus on achieving small daily tasks for yourself. For me, the days began to blur together and sometimes I felt like there was no end in sight. Have daily routine tasks, but also add variety to them. Try new exercises, cook healthy and different recipes, or play mentally stimulating games (crosswords, board games). You won’t be feeling good about your situation, but at least you can feel good about yourself.

• Limit your daily coronavirus media intake. You don’t need to know every single thing about the coronavirus. Step away from Twitter, Reddit, YouTube. Learn how to protect yourself (CDC), learn about the most important updates concerning your local area, but just stop obsessing about the latest theory.

• And speaking of obsessing, chill out about the toilet paper! 75% of the world doesn’t use it anyways. Filipinos use a bucket; the Japanese use a bidet. For perspective, I haven't seen a shortage of TP in China yet. Unless you get diarrhea or the sniffles during this, YOU DON’T NEED THAT MUCH TOILET PAPER.

• Fight the chaos with compassion. Did you miss out on buying hand sanitizer/Clorox wipes/Lysol spray/masks? That's okay because once you're stuck inside you won't be needing it anyways. Don't invite people over and clean your basic household mess with vinegar. Make yourself feel good and donate whatever excess supplies you're hoarding to shelters, the immunocompromised, or people who are working in public settings. You're just stuck at home, not surviving the apocalypse.

• You don’t need TP, but you DO need food Don’t rely on fast food, eating out, or delivery services. Eventually the restaurants will close and worrying if your ordered meal is contaminated is no fun. While your neighbors are on the hunt for toilet paper, start stocking up your freezer and pantry! Buy in bulk, because let’s be real – you don’t want to go back to grocery store for a long time. Please practice social distancing! See a related post for some of the meals I made and ingredients I used that lasted me this time.

• Accept your limitations and ask for medication. Every person is wired differently and sometimes your brain has a way of taking over – no matter what you do to help yourself. Please know it is perfectly normal to ask for antidepressant/anxiety medication. Everyone is looking for a vaccine for coronavirus, but in the meantime, let’s not forget depression is a disease too which CAN BE TREATED. Despite having done my MSc in this area, I admittedly have spent far too much of this lock down suffering because I was too embarrassed and ashamed to ask for any sort of help. But what was the reaction from the old Chinese doctor when I finally did ask? He was proud. He said “90% of Chinese should be seeing a psychologist and be on medication right now, but they let saving face (stigma) stop them. You Americans, you know what you need and you seek it out. Taking care of your mental health is just as important as your physical health.”

各位都保重。

所有跟帖: 

马拉松训练了我,漫长时间的忍耐,心理调适,痛苦的煎熬,坚强,有效使用及其有限的资源,信心,阳光。。。 -布兰雅- 给 布兰雅 发送悄悄话 布兰雅 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 10:59:26

哈哈,姐天生就是个loner,所以对这个不用额外发力,天生的得心应手:) -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:01:05

有道理。合理利用有限的资源很重要。 -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:02:48

慢慢读,先问个问题:家里这个时候是应该开窗子放新鲜空气呢?还是关紧窗子不让外面的病毒进来? 都糊涂了。 -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:01:40

开窗。 -布兰雅- 给 布兰雅 发送悄悄话 布兰雅 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:02:18

要开窗 -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:04:20

钟南山说:要常开窗通气 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:05:30

外面有病毒随风飘进来怎么办? -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:05:33

浓度要是那么高,整个地球就完了。。。另外病毒的特性是在空气里无法存活,通常只有 -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (170 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:07:37

看到有说法说这个病毒特殊,会在空气里存活很久,没有查考,就不知道了。 -alazycatinsd- 给 alazycatinsd 发送悄悄话 alazycatinsd 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:08:43

谢谢懒猫!你这么一说我就放心了。 -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:32:33

那得是离意大利或武汉救治医院很近 -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:08:49

哈哈哈~ 那就惨了:) -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:33:05

我觉得在疫情中最大的问题还是如何处理心理焦虑的问题。这点,NPR大概在 -sansemao- 给 sansemao 发送悄悄话 sansemao 的博客首页 (1274 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:34:48

哈哈哈~一般什么事都牵动不了我的, 但是最近这几天我也神经了 :) -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:38:25

不过我家老万该出门出门,一趟不拉的,我其实瞎着急也没用:) -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:39:28

我们在同一船上 -螺丝螺帽- 给 螺丝螺帽 发送悄悄话 螺丝螺帽 的博客首页 (111 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:42:22

我们家也这样。所以,该干嘛干嘛,人命在天。 -sansemao- 给 sansemao 发送悄悄话 sansemao 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:45:41

我家也这样。当爸的还带孩子们去了动物园。 -gladys- 给 gladys 发送悄悄话 (44 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:50:30

动物园里有没有蝙蝠、果子狸? hahaha -布兰雅- 给 布兰雅 发送悄悄话 布兰雅 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:54:18

哈哈哈~没错儿! -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 12:11:51

跟他哭诉说:老万你不拿你自己的命当回事可以,但你要是出了事,我怎么办啊? -alohamora- 给 alohamora 发送悄悄话 (35 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:57:36

哈哈哈,他不吃这套的:)))) -eagleinflight- 给 eagleinflight 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 12:08:44

心理健康对应付疫情很重要:))武汉很多市民恐慌之后涌向医院造成大面积感染,也是疫情无法控制的主因。 -酒绿春浓- 给 酒绿春浓 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 11:59:51

浪费医疗资源不说,让他们自己感染,最后造成医疗体系崩溃。。。心理素质对个人健康很重要:))) -酒绿春浓- 给 酒绿春浓 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 12:03:39

我反正即使平常日子也是一星期才出一次门,所以还好 -Xueronghua- 给 Xueronghua 发送悄悄话 Xueronghua 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 14:48:22

镇静镇静,对病毒做到战略上蔑视、战术上重视… -alwaysluck- 给 alwaysluck 发送悄悄话 alwaysluck 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/14/2020 postreply 23:29:23

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!