about gold

来源: 大猪头- 2013-02-01 11:59:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2191 bytes)

Re-hashing some thoughts I have posted in the past (maybe a little bit more), just can not bear with the half-ass analysis by the experts here anymore.

1) gold is NOT investment, it is your insurance policy, it is a tool to perserve your wealth, you buy it and hold it because you are rich, not because you want to get rich out of it. the world monetory system went all fiat for merely 40+ years, you have to be stupid enough to put your full faith in it, especially after seeing cracks on it in past few years.(if you think our great leaders will guide us through all that, you can stop reading here)

2) if the reason you are in it is just for speculation of higher price, please do not bother to call yourself goldbug, because you are not. you are just the one of those who speculates on internet stocks, real estates etc. you gamble may win or not.

3) your gold holding (a least a good portion of it) has to be held in physical form, and can only and easily be accessed by you. otherwise you beat the whole purpose of it. 

4) on currency front:

The only exit strategy for FED is to keep the current strategy until it hits the wall someday in the future.(of course, they would pretend to change the course but in reality they can not afford to) it will be worse than 2008 at the end of day and may evenutally leads to big war ( remind me how WWI and WWII started again ?). all major currencies are racing to the bottom, there is an on-going currency war, do not get yourself wet on so-called strenghth of USD index (hence lower price of gold). if you are too dumb to handle the multiple variables in that equation, you should quit investing all together or you do need a lot of luck to get you through.

5) oh, by the way, "do not be a permma bear" as one brilliant self-claimed trader taught us here while he successfully managed to miss 12 years gold bull run.

anyway, it will take years to play out (and things can change although historicially not likely), so position yourself right, bring on the popcorn and enjoy the show, it will be a wide ride, good or bad. I just wish I could be all wrong.

所有跟帖: 

不是富人,飘过 -qiaoshe- 给 qiaoshe 发送悄悄话 qiaoshe 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 12:12:57

Co:不是富人,飘过 -小心翼翼的小地主- 给 小心翼翼的小地主 发送悄悄话 小心翼翼的小地主 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 12:13:39

猪脑袋还挺灵的,至少比我鼠辈灵 lol -瞎猫抓鼠- 给 瞎猫抓鼠 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 14:19:19

本坛讲究以小搏大,快速发财。 -天下多蚤- 给 天下多蚤 发送悄悄话 (82 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 17:51:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!