还是不得要领,恳请xiaobaotu和各位前辈再帮我看看

来源: xxxx65us 2006-09-06 15:28:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1708 bytes)
My current status H-1, and my wife is H-4. 140 approved and 485 for both my wife and myself are to be filed. Now my wife needs to travel outside of US for less than 6 months so I plan to file I-131 for her (she will leave after filing 485).

I read the instructions of form I-131 (Application for Travel Document) but the terms seem confused me:

On page 1 of the instruction one term reads:
--------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: If you are in the United States and wish to travel abroad, you do not need to apply for advance parole if both conditions described below in number 1 and 2 are met:

1. You are in one of the following nonimmigrant categories:
a. An H-1, temporary worker, or H-4, spouse or child of an H-1; or ...

2. A Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behalf and is pending with the USCIS.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My wife meets both conditions. According to this instruction, it seems that my wife can go ahead to travel without getting Advance Parole even if her I-485 is still pending. Is it safe? I heard that if someone departs from US without advance parole approved while I-485 is pending, the application will be deemed abandoned.

Now I am really confused about that:

1、Does my wife need to apply for advance parole and stay in US until the application is approved, or she can go ahead to travel without advance parole and apply H-4 visa at US overseas consulate when she come back?

2、And if she depart from US without advance parole, will her I-485 still be active?

Thanks in advance!

所有跟帖: 

go back with AP approved first, -hgd- 给 hgd 发送悄悄话 (143 bytes) () 09/06/2006 postreply 19:09:44

Thanks hgd for the suggestion! -xxxx65us- 给 xxxx65us 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/07/2006 postreply 09:52:51

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”