长跑（比如马拉松）会伤关节 is a myth.
The basics are:
1) run within your ability and increase weekly mileage very graduately, not more than 10% each week.
2) get profesional fit for your running shoes
3) proper warm up and cold down - make sure you do stretch after the run while muscles are warm
4) build leg and core muscles - many knee problem comes from weak muscles
5) watch your weight - don't put too much stress on your knee
6) run a variable speed and hills - don't just run on flat
7) build in rest days
8) see chiropractic service regularly