Different cars have different tire pressure requirements set by

来源: khyang86 2010-08-09 22:12:48 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1203 bytes)
the manufacture. Usually you should follow the tire pressure numbers on the plate near the driver side B bar. However, in your case, I think you should do more research and maybe ask Ford for more advise. The old Ford Explorer had a high center of gravity due to its truck-based design. The Ford engineers found the vehicle could not pass Ford's own test of rollover risk. So in order to pass the test without major design changes, they found a easy way to reduce the risk. It was to lower the tire pressure so the vehicle can stay hold in an emergency. The trick was OK except that most tires will generate extra heat when rolling at high speed especially when tire pressure is low. The OEM Firestone tires on those Explorer could not withstood the heat and blow out in hot summer days because of the low tire pressure and killed several people. It was the famous Firestone tire recall. Today's tire may be better than 10 years ago and diving at normal temperature will be no problem. But you are in the middle of two bad choices. No matter what you choose, you will fall into one. High tire pressure and high rollover risk, or low tire pressure but possible tire blow out. I don't have an answer.

所有跟帖: 

多谢指教。小心驶得万年船哈。 -满地找牙- 给 满地找牙 发送悄悄话 满地找牙 的博客首页 (109 bytes) () 08/09/2010 postreply 22:21:18

I would lower the tire pressures to 28-30 psi and change new.. -khyang86- 给 khyang86 发送悄悄话 (35 bytes) () 08/10/2010 postreply 09:14:01

I would not set pressure below 30psi especially on trucks. -BigV8- 给 BigV8 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/10/2010 postreply 13:25:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”