有人威胁Iilham Omar, 认罪等待判刑, 看Omar是怎么反应的.

来源: SwiperTheFox 2019-11-24 09:25:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (19016 bytes)

今年3月21日,Patrick Carlineo给议员Omar办公室打电话, 并威胁要"somebody ought to put a bullet in her skull. Back in the day, our forefathers would have put a bullet in her [expletive]. I’ll put a bullet in her [expletive] skull ,

现在Patrick认罪并等待判刑.  Omar给法官写了封信, 请求判刑时多给点compassion:重刑只能增加怒气与仇恨,并引用曼德拉的话: 人们对他人的仇恨是学来的,如果他们能学习去仇恨,那他们也可以学习去关爱.

“Punishing the defendant with a lengthy prison sentence or a burdensome financial fine would not rehabilitate him. It would not repair the harm he has caused. It would only increase his anger and resentment,” wrote Omar.

She ended by saying that although acts of political violence are increasing, that anger and exclusion is not the solution. She quoted Nelson Mandela, who once said: “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate they can be taught to love.”

She ended by pleading with the judge: “I ask you to show compassion in your sentencing.”

以下是Olma的推特以及她给法官的信的全文.

Sharing my full letter on the the sentencing of Patrick W. Carlineo, a man convicted of threatening my life.

We must apply a system of compassion to criminal justice.

Who are we as a nation if we respond to threats of political retribution with retribution ourselves?

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

所有跟帖: 

WOW, Iilham Omar立刻加入2020竞选总统 -bustout- 给 bustout 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2019 postreply 09:30:33

这是哪儿跟哪儿啊? -SwiperTheFox- 给 SwiperTheFox 发送悄悄话 SwiperTheFox 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2019 postreply 10:59:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!