与一位研究黑格尔40年的哲学教授的对话

来源: 慕容青草 2020-02-22 19:09:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (17099 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 慕容青草 ] 在 2020-02-22 20:29:10 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

多年前我在华文博客讨论了黑格尔的本体论的逻辑缺陷。后来我将其改写为英文贴出,最近将英文链接在脸书的某哲学群分享,引来了一位研究黑格尔40年的专业哲学教授进行评论。他的评论虽然一点也不出我的意料,因为我太了解他们了(这些年来,有两类人的行为水平让我非常了解,一是网军,二是专业哲学家),不过我想其结果可能会让其他不了解今天的专业哲学家水平的人大开眼界。先告诉结论:这位40年的黑格尔专家根本就不像是读过黑格尔的本体论,因此他似乎是在要教导我有关黑格尔本体论的评论完全与黑格尔的本体论无关。

下面请欣赏精彩的评论(不好意思,没翻成中文,如有读不懂的,请用“有道”或google翻译,这两款翻译器各有优劣):

The imperfection of Hegelian ontology

Rongqing Dai, Ph.D. New Jersey Abstract At the core of the Hegelian ontology are pure nothing, pure being, and the instant becoming between them, which were established by Hegel through the quest f…

10 Comments

CommentShare

Comments

Fredrick George Welfare This is a superb example of Hegelese. I doubt that anyone can use such a closed system unless they examine both applications and criticisms of Hegel’s Logic.

Paraphrasing would be a much stronger and more edifying writing style than merely repeating Hegel’s statements. But, without giving definitions - what is logic, or examples, this essay is impenetrable to sensibility and sheds no light on the meaningfulness of Hegel’s thrust.

Ron Dai Thanks so much for providing a typical example of the hypocrisy that has caused philosophy to die!!!!....

In the past years, I have done in depth analyses of why the academic philosophy is dead...I have given many causes, such as the general (surprising) incapability of the academics to read difficult philosophy text, and many others...There is one important cause that I have noticed but have not got a chance to discuss, which is EXACTLY the opposite to what you are criticizing of my style: professional philosophers DO NOT have the good habit of citing the original text, and because of this, there has been a very BAD DISHONEST HABIT of the academic philosophers, which is the random false and fake interpretation of the difficult text that they are INCAPABLE to comprehend! Thank you for coming here to provide an example of promoting that BAD DISHONEST HABIT of misinterpreting the original text without citing the original.

How about a challenge that I bet you are NOT even ABLE to understand this article of mine at all, not to mention the original text of Hegel??!!

Do you want to go through sentence by sentence of this post?...See, I am calling you out...your comment is so typical of the hypocrisy of nowadays academia of philosophy!!! Do you want to take a chance to defend yourself, as well as the whole academia of philosophy??? Let's go through this article and to see if you really understand it, do you have the courage of doing this??? Come on, be brave!

Fredrick George Welfare Ron Dai No, I do not want to go sentence by sentence unless you clarify it with a clarifying meaning, AND address comparisons to critics and supporters.

Philosophy is hardly dead but you do not help by reciting text without clarifications or comparisons.

Ron Dai Fredrick George Welfare Your response is not surprising at all since LOW CAPACITY OF READING COMPREHENSION is typical of nowadays philosophical academics, and many of them are also lacking courage to defend themselves.

Now I give you another alternative to prove yourself: could you tell what is the thrust of the Hegelian Ontology that you seem to defend? Do you understand it at all?

Fredrick George Welfare Ron Dai

I am not here to take a test.

You are putting up quotations and reciting the same thing as the quote which provides no insight into Hegel, philosophy or logic.

You fail to see the important issues: why is logic a beginning point, what is logic? You take Hegel as without any presuppositions when there is obviously a presupposition, namely logic.

You are also unaware of why logic might have been a problem that Hegel and philosophers since then have been discussing - why is logic a problem?

Logic is a problem because it cannot generalize to ethics - ethics cannot be logicized, but any attempt to make ethics logical must be evaluated. Certainly Hegel holds that human institutions are firstly ethical, but to make this claim, the logical is at issue.

Underlying philosophy and logic is the relation of logic to psychology which doubles down on the problematic.

Logic works with natural bodies, objects which can be enframed under causal or means-end instrumental and pragmatic notions. The human subject cannot be so enframed! Thus, critics of Hegel, like those of Kant, attack over the claim of reification or fixity of the human subject without any ethical judgments interceding on behalf of the subject.

Logic works for objects, not for subjects. But I will listen to any refutations!

Fredrick George Welfare Ron Dai You are reacting emotionally not addressing anything I have said.

Of course I read the article, I have also been reading Hegel for 40 years. So I know a little bit.

When you provide a quote you should do something more than reiterate what it says. Put it in ‘your own words’ is a good idea.

I expect any Hegel scholar to connect a quote to what others have said - make a comparison between Hegel and someone else: Marx, Kant, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Popper, Dewey, Pippin, etc etc etc.

Now stop bothering me unless you have a substantive question and not a complaint.

Ron Dai Fredrick George Welfare Please see my response in a separate thread, because someone from FB has deleted my response in this thread (I have the photo copy to prove it)!

Top of Form

Reply to Fredrick George Welfare...

Ron Dai To Fredrick George Welfare: Obviously, now someone comes to your rescue with technology not with reason...My response to your previous comment was deleted by FB or hacker...before I responding to your last comment, I would like to repost my previous comment that was deleted by FB or hacker (I have kept the photo copy of it as well):

[You are putting up quotations and reciting the same thing as the quote which provides no insight into Hegel, philosophy or logic.
You fail to see the important issues: why is logic a beginning point, what is logic? You take Hegel as without any presuppositions when there is obviously a presupposition, namely logic.
You are also unaware of why logic might have been a problem that Hegel and philosophers since then have been discussing - why is logic a problem?]

Your above words again tells you are even NOT able to read my article....and also again you demonstrated a bad habit of put your own words into the author's mouth because you are NOT capable of reading difficult text, and accordingly you think it is okay for you to say whatever about the meaning of the original text since you even don't need to cite any part of it...

It's so funny to see you start to discuss Logic based on your own assumption about what I talked about in the article......If I am your school teacher, I would give 0 no matter how equolently you would present your very limited knowledge of Logic, since you are NOT talking about the article that you are supposed to discuss!

So would you please at least for the sake of this discussion to show that you do know how to respect the original text without making random comment which has nothing to do with it???

Would you please at least read the sentences of the article to prove that you are not viewing an article as a picture like those preschool kids would do...I am expecting you to show the least level of competence so that we might conduct a productive conversation here...

Ron Dai Fredrick George Welfare

Now let me respond to your last comment...Again I need to give your thanks first because today have given so many excellent examples to demonstrate the problems of the nowadays academia of philosophy...

You said, [I have also been reading Hegel for 40 years.] ----that is EXACTLY the problem I have been talking about recently, for the past CENTURY, not past week, the academia of philosophy has failed, and it started right from the incapability of reading difficult text....you even cannot prove that you are capable to read my post here, but just putting your own words into my mouth, and then started to criticize my article for whatever your understanding of it in a VERY BAD HABIT of not citing the original sentences!

What you bet on is that the audience would NOT be able to understand the original text either, so they would take whatever you say once you tell them that you have more than 40 years of experience....So please point out which part of my article makes you feel that I don't know the importance of Logic and I don't agree with Hegel for his discussion of Logic?

Ron Dai If you don't dare to get into the details of my post here since it is verifiable to all the audience here and thus it would be too easy for them to judge your mistake once you get into the details, once again, I give you another alternative to prove yourself for the reputation of your 40 years hard work: what is special about Logic that Hegel considered for his ontological discussion?

By the way, the reason I asked the above alternative question is because your following comment does NOT show that you have even READ the original text of the Hegelian ontology at all:
[
Logic is a problem because it cannot generalize to ethics - ethics cannot be logicized, but any attempt to make ethics logical must be evaluated. Certainly Hegel holds that human institutions are firstly ethical, but to make this claim, the logical is at issue.
Underlying philosophy and logic is the relation of logic to psychology which doubles down on the problematic.
Logic works with natural bodies, objects which can be enframed under causal or means-end instrumental and pragmatic notions. The human subject cannot be so enframed! Thus, critics of Hegel, like those of Kant, attack over the claim of reification or fixity of the human subject without any ethical judgments interceding on behalf of the subject.
Logic works for objects, not for subjects. But I will listen to any refutations!
]
At first, I did not want to embarrass you by pointing it out, but then I think it would be irresponsible for you and for the audience if I don't tell you this so that you would not make the same kind of mistake in front of your students...after all, I am obliged to your help in providing so much vivid example material for my current fight for a new philosophy!

Ron Dai Fredrick George Welfare Poor you...what can I say now? You even have trouble to read my short response here? I really hesitate to continue now...I don't have the habit to embarrassing weak ones...

This is the alternative question I am asking you: what is special about Logic that Hegel considered when he discussed his Ontology?

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

如今专业哲学界之堕落由此可见一斑。。。而堕落之基本原因居然是绝大多数一般人想也想不到的: -慕容青草- 给 慕容青草 发送悄悄话 慕容青草 的博客首页 (366 bytes) () 02/22/2020 postreply 19:34:29

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]