答案

来源: 熊猫媳妇 2012-08-29 12:49:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1624 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 熊猫媳妇 ] 在 2012-08-29 16:10:46 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
These tips are for peach tree only (because other trees may have flying insect infested on the tree that these may not work e.g. apple):

1) Insect Killer - Bayer Advanced Lawn and Garden Multi-insect Killer available from major home and garden stores e.g. Home Depot, Budge Home - spread a circle a foot away from the tree trunk in spring time - to prevent earwig lay eggs on the tree. I have used this method for strawberry patch, it works to prevent slug getting into the strawberry too.

2) Ro-pel Outdoor Dog, Cat and Bird Repellent - the biggest enemy is actually squirrels, birds and racoons. Ro-pel are granules. I used old panty-hose to make small sacks to hold Ro-pel e.g. 1 TBsp. Then, hang the sack here and there in the whole tree. Order online.

http://www.nixalite.com/ropeloutdoor.aspx

This photo shows what they exact look like. Left is Multi-sect Killer. Right is Ro-pel and the sack.

I do not have dogs. If you have dogs, hang dogs' fur may work too. It seems the scent repel the squirrels away. But Ro-pel itself does not smell. See pic. for ingredients, it's natural.

A friend actually recommend a product called Motion-sensing Owl $11.99 ea at www.fourcorners.com. It used batteries and when something near the owl move, it "whoo!". I have to try it.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!回复:答案 -wafzfz- 给 wafzfz 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2012 postreply 14:30:26

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!